DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Well, this was a car I was really looking forward to getting (and now I can mark it off my wish list!), and I am very, very pleased with what Highway 61 has done. As you recall, I had asked everyone for their opinion on which color to get, and I really don't think I could have gone wrong with any of the 3 colors that this car is avaialable in; but in the end, I think I made the right choice with the Coral Mist. This color really does a good job of signifying the era or this car.

As for the details, the car is just terrific. On top of the superbly detailed engine, and realistic carpeted trunk with spare time and jack, the interior is just astounding!! Unfortunately, I could not get a good picture of it here at my office, and will have to try again when I am at home, but trust me when I say, it is really impressive. The inclusion of realistic appearing seatbelts is a terrifc touch!

If anyone is considering purchasing one of these, I would highly recommend that you do! :cheers

G

·
Nothing wrong with those pictures, highway 61 have definatly made a good job of this one it looks top class.
This will be getting added to my wish list no problem I have 4 Hwy 61s so far and realy pleased with them. Congrats on adding such a beautiful model :coolpics :cheers ...

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Looks like Hwy 61 hit it out of the park with this one, Ric - that's stunning! Congratulations!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Add a "kill" sticker for Ric! I was lukewarm on this one, but now it is a must have! I thought that maybe silver would be the best, but this color is :hot
Congrats! :cheers

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I don't think you would be disappointed with this one, Al... in any color! Highway 61 did a lot right with this one. :cheers

G

·
This is a classic model Ric, and like you said, the details are quite impressive for HW61. I'm like Al, after seeing this model it is a must have for me as well. Thanks for sharing this model with us. Congratulations on the catch!

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Here is a shot of the interior that I just took.

Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Car Steering wheel

Can someone tell me what that object is on top of the dashboard? I suspect this car might have been slightly before radar detectors. :giggle

:feedback

Attachments

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Primitive optics, as I far as I can remember...asked that same question @35 years ago as a young boy. Ive since forgotten the real answer, but I "think" its for auto dimming of the highbeam headlights when running into oncoming traffic, or auto on/off for headlights at dusk/dawn, or maybe something to do with garage doors :confused ; Cadillacs from that era had those options also; Buicks were considered "Doctors" cars during that era, and were second in luxury in the GM heiracy only to Cadillac. No doubt, your Riv is "full boat" with all the options. One of the best looking GM products of the 60's in my opinion, you can still find them for fairly reasonable prices!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.