DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, a giant THANK YOU to Gary for sending this car my way!
I have lusted after it since it was announced but for some reason I never got one :confused
Gary sure fixed that!
Thanks Buddy!

This is Ertl at its best!
How they can make such a detailed car and sell it for this price is beyond me.

Fully carpeted, sliding seats, 4 wheel suspension, highly detailed 289 HiPo moter, awesome trunk detail, turning driveshaft, beautiful paint and very good fit and finish make this car a winner!

I would say that you can't lose adding one of these beauties to your collection!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Wow! That looks superb Jeff! I haven't seen this version before. I note the extra lights in the grill and the different wheels to my 1964 version, are there any other differences? :confused :feedback :cheers

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
:iagree While I don't have the Mustang, I do have three other Ertl Authentics and, like you, I can't believe the detail they put into $40+/- models. :nicejob And I don't even collect muscel cars! I got the '67 Impala first only because my parents had one and, because of the detailing, I've since gotten both the '67 Camaro and the '65 Chevelle. These cars are, in my opinion, every bit as good or better than Lane or GMP which sell for more than twice the price. :cheers

I think Tony at Exoto could learn a lot from Ertl! :giggle

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That looks great, Jeff! Incredible features for the price...then again, if they had made it sealed, maybe it wouldn't have taken them 40 years to release it lol.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
That Mustang looks incredible!!!!! Awesome!!! Congratulation....... :cheers

The interior is beautiful and the dash & steering wheel look real!

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Glad you like it!
The Center console is new and the lack of the blue tinting on the top of the windshield looks better to my eye.

This car has a much "sportier" look to it than the red 64 :happy

G

·
Thats very nice indeed Jeff, and cheers to Gary for helping you out.

That Stang' is as good, if not better than a Lane. It looks fantastic, i'm going to have to get myself something from the Authentics line.

:cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Well, if I had to pick the most detailed car between my Lane 68 Shelby Mustang and this Ertl, I would have to say it too close to call.
Maybe when considering the whole package, the Lane is just a tiny bit better but the Ertl has more features.

I do know that there is no way one should cost twice as much as the other.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Awesome, awesome, awesome!! Seeing that trunk mat sure brings back some memories, as the '66 I used to own had one virtually identical! This is yet another terrific example of what Ertl can do with their Authentics line! :nicejob

G

·
Congrats on the new addition :cheers

I'm not really a fan of this year, but this is one model that can easily find a spot in my collection.

G

·
Im glad I made an old man very happy :lol

Its a very nice looking model Jeff , you were so right about this one :cheers

Now I need to get one for myself , as Al says , this puppy is a must .

And get that wrapping off the tyres :giggle

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Nice! :cheers A very nice model for sure! :nicejob

I have the blue P-100 1964 Mustang, which is just about the same thing only more expensive :lol I haven't removed my tire plastic yet either although its been with me for almost 2 years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts