DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much negative to say about this new AUTOart release : full openings, nice detail....

The engine is detailed and wired, perforated grill.....

Carpet on the floor and two-toned seats...

Full opening....

But all this has it's price : between 70 Euro and 90 Euro on different online stores (USD 87.5 to 112) and that is too much for this car...I got mine for 74 Euro, so not that bad.....

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Great car Gunther! :cheers Thanks for posting it.

My dad had a '67 identical to this one, same color and all. In '72-'73 he was hit head on by a drunk driver in a flatbed truck (He required long hospital stay and facial reconstructive surgery, which a year later you could not tell).
Back to the car- looking at the damage on the truck, you would swear that there is no way that what ever it hit would be survivable, but the car took the brunt of it and my dad lived to talk about it.
One of the most imppressionable moments in my youth was seeing that mangled car at the repair shop that towed it.

This car is a must for me! Just wish that he was still alive to see it. :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
On the contrary Gunther! It will give me great joy to get this model and show it to my siblings at next get-together. To them, I am still their kid brother that never got too old to play with cars :lol and I know they have better memories of the cars my dad drove as they are older and actually, my oldest brother "borrow" this car for many midnight rides (without my dad's knowledge).

They will get a kick out of seeing it. :cheers

I did not mean to high-jack you thread! :help

G

·
Congrats Gunther. Thank you for the pictures. I was planning to get the model no matter what because of the subject matter, but looks like AUTOart did a superb job on it. Btw, is the boot carpeted? It doesn't look like it is from your pic. :cheers

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
Great addition, Gunther :cheers
This is pretty much the car that is in my mind when someone says Mercedes.
My Dads good friend had one of these (his was probably a 70-72?) in the exact same colors. For sure it was the first Mercedes I was ever in.

Looks like AUTOart did a great job on it :nicejob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.