DiecastXchange Forum banner

1967 Olds 4-4-2 by Highway 61

1K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Sir Gary 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, one of my new additions arrived today, my 1967 Olds 4-4-2. I was really looking forward to this model, as I am completely overjoyed with the '66 I received for Christmas. Now that I have this one as well, I can immediately see the difference in overall fit an finish between this older Highway 61 and their newer releases (like the '66). While I am very glad to add this to my collection, and it will take a place right next it older brother, it is not quite as refined (see the mounting studs on the tailights, for example). It goes to show what a company can do as they continue to produce better products!

Here are some pics, as well as some comparison pics next to the '66. :cheers

(And on a personal note, I certainly like the styling of the '66 much better than the '67!)

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
This is another of the Tom C Toys commissioned versions, but not the Pub version. This one has the blue interior instead of the parchment. I was informed that only 250 were made of this model.

Unfortunately, when the item was shipped, the trunk managed to break loose! :pullhair This picture also shows the horrendous mounting studs that came with this car.

View attachment 25900

#4 ·
Wow. That's too bad about your trunk. I think Highway 61 needs to improve their packaging. I was in a store the other day looking at the, ahem, Astral Silver Riviera (Coral Mist is still better!), and the front bumper was completely off the car! The model was still in it's holders though. I think it was a sign though, cause I would have bought it despite my above statement. :giggle

#5 ·
Well, first and foremost.... I am waiting for the Coral Mist Riviera to arrive!! Should have it Monday. :giggle

I digress... the packaging on this '67 still incorporates the screws to the base. The buyer I bought it from (used) did put a rubber band around the trunk (which was still in place!), but it broke loose anyway. Go figure.

#6 ·
We should call you Mr. Olds :giggle

Nice pair! I like that silver a lot :cheers

About those trunks....
I sold one of these to a member here that I never even opened the box, I picked it up directly from Tom C so it wasn't even shipped to me.
Yet, when he got the car, the trunk was off :kick
I guess they didn't make a very good hinge :pullhair

#13 ·
I am not sure, Eddie. But as one is a '66 and one a '67, the only thing I can guess is that they may have been unique to the model yeaar.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
The hoses are part of the W31 option which had "forced air induction" as part of the package. The inlets were in front, under the bumper, and hoses led up to the air cleaner. . .

So far, I haven't been able to find out when the red fender liners became an option on the 442 package though. . .

#17 ·
Thanks for that tidbit Eddie. That is so cool and makes a lot of sense in getting more densely packed oxygen to the engine. I guess there would also be some sort of contraption to prevent water from getting sucked up into the ducts. I wished I had space in my Maxima to plumb in a duct for cold air from outside the engine bay. :giggle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.