DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
From the box...

Plymouth's Belvedere series of 1967 offered something for everybody: affordable luxury in the Belvedere I and II, performance in the GTX, and a combination of both in the Satellite. Besides cosmetic changes, the major difference between the three was the powerplant. Unlike the Belvedere that offered both the straight-six and the V8 engines, the Satellite only offered the V8 powerplant as standard. From the baseline 273ci to the "Super Commando" 383ci with either 2-bbl or 4-bbl carburetion, all the way to the optional 426ci Hemi, the Satellite offered a more muscular and sporty alternative to the Belvedere, and a more economical alternative to the GTX.

Available in either a 2-door hardtop or sporty convertible, the Satellite bypassed the Belvedere's bench front seats and offered standard bucket seats, with either a sporty center console or a combination fold-down armrest/center seat. Either a three-speed manual, a four-speed manual, or TorqueFlite three-speed automatic transmission, "the most copied automatic in the business", as Plymouth claimed, were available. Tinted glass, an "energy-absorbing" crash-safe steering column, a comfortably-upholstered attractive interior, power steering, power brakes with dual master cylinders, and power windows offered driver and passengers comfort and safety. The Satellite used the line's standard suspension, but offered a beefed-up suspension borrowed from the GTX for the Hemi option. Far from being disregarded as a "middle child" of the Belvedere line, the Satellite could stand, and run, on its own merits.

Another nice, (if plain :giggle ), Highway 61 model.

G

·
:hot Awesome Belvedere, I got to look out for this one too...also interesting read !! :coolpics :cheers ..

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Hwy 61...'nuff said. Great model, Jeff!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I think 'plain' stops when you lift up the hood!!! 426 CID!!! Would love to see than in a modern car!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.