DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the missing piece for my Shelby Mustang collection :happy
I now have a 1965 through 1970 version and this one is one of my favorites.

Its what you usually get when you buy an Ertl, the tires are too skinny, it looks like it is 4 wheel drive because it sits so high, no carpeting, dog leg hinges and sealed trunk.

Still, I really feel as though Ertl should get some good words for this car. something about it looks very, very nice.
Not sure why, but they have really captured the look of this car very well.

I like it so much that I want to find a 68 Shelby to replace my Lane as for some reason, the Lane looks to be too small, or the Ertl is too big but they don't look right sitting next to each other :confused
Since the rest of my Shelby's are low budget cars, I will move the Lane for an Ertl.
Nuts, I know! :lol

Anyway, here is the car...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Jeff, I think the tires may look too "skinny," but I think we are not used to seeing those old, skinny 60's bias plys. The engine looks great, all it needs is wires and hoses. Can't get a better color than black! Another one to add to my hit list. . . :nicejob :nicejob

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Jeff, if you're planning on getting the Cobalt treatment for any more of your models, I think this would be a great candidate. Like you say, the car looks spot on, it just needs the detailing.

G

·
Jeff, That's a fantastic GT500. And I have to agree with Eddie
The black color looks better. I will also have to put this one
on my list to get. (Even though I'm not a Ford man) It's looks
to good to pass up. :giggle Congratulation on the nice looking
model. :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
This black Shelby is awesome! Very mean look! GRRRrrrrrr....

Congrats! :cheers

G

·
Great addition to your collection Jeff.

I think the fastback's look the business.

Thanks for the photo's too.

:cheers

Timbo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.