DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
This one is my newest addition. I have had it on my wishlist since I heard it was coming out. I finally found one at a good price in Canada, so I took it. They said this is the pepper grey version, some sort of 2nd updated release apparently limited edition of 2250 pcs. There is no mention of anything updated or limited edition on the box though.

Anyway, a really nice model in my opinion. I really liked Gone in 60 Seconds and I really liked this car. As such, I really really really like this model, and it goes well with my Shelby Cobra.

According to the description on the back of the box, this had a V8 of 427 cu. in. that produced 525 horsepower. Also available with a shelby supercharger which brought the power to over 700 horses. Pretty impressive stats for the 60's.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I'd say that's pretty darn good by today's standards too! I love this model. I know it's taken a lot of abuse for the "lump" on the bonnet being too large and the fuel cap being in the wrong place or something like that, but not for a second do I regret having one in my collection. :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Congrats on getting one! :cheers

But you do realise that the box is descriving the Unique Performance GT-500E recreation on not a real '67 GT-500. Shelby used the 428 Police interceptor on them and not the 427. Some early-67 Ford literature states that the 427 was available, but only two (I think) were documented to had been made the rest got 428s as they were cheaper to build and were readily available.
As far as a supercharger, they were available over the counter as a Shelby part, but never factory installed on a '67.

Those HP stats are for the '90's version on not the '67 version.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
It looks like a nice model, but there's something not quite right about it. I waited for 7 years to have a model of the new Eleanor and I must say I'm still waiting.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
G

·
Bon dia, Skotch and welcome to DX :cheers
For some reason I can only access the home page of your site!!?? Is it still under construction ??

·
Registered
974 Posts
So...which one is the "Real" Eleanor the 1967 GT 500 or the 1973 Mach 1 from the original movie release?

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
That not really a question. :giggle Which is the "real" K.I.T.T.? The Pontiac T/A or the Shelby KR? :giggle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.