DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a comparo between two 1967 shelbys, the blue GT350 by Lane vs the grey GT500 by ERTL.

The lane cost about 100$ and the ERTL 25$, you can easily notice the diffrences in a look.
For me, the Lane looks more accurate by far than the ERTL, when they stand side by side, you can see how tall is the ERTL, and the nose is pointing up, too high.
I don't have more to say, the diffrences in quality are obious.
I like them both, as the ERTL also represent the base car of Eleanor in same paint.

G

·
I have this Ertl GT500 only mine has no racing stripes just the tape stripes on the side. It looks very much like the Lane's version only no stripes. Plus the wheels are like the lane's version too.

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
I hate the stance on the Ertl but I think the shape of the nose is actually more true to form than the Lane.
The front of the hood on the Lane reminds me of Tucan Sam :wink

·
Registered
198 Posts
I bought the Ertl version too; not that hard to lower the front suspension-much easier than trying to figure how to widen and raise the Lane rear wheel location. I would like to add /improve the Ertl headlights though, removing the headlight paint and adding chrome behind the lenses.-has anyone done this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.