DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always wanted the 1:18 classic Chevy C10 in my collection and I finally found one I like, so I decided to bid on it to add to my collection.

This is the ACME/GMP release in the Nickey Truck Shop guise. What attracted me to this truck is its color. This light metallic blue is perfect for the C10 I think.

Here is the original truck (not my video):

But since I prefer a cleaner look, I wiped the decals clean using a non-acetone NPR.

I like the lowered stance on the truck although I think the rake is a little bit much. But I鈥檒l leave it alone for the time being. The paint job is gorgeous! So much depth and no orange peel. Panel gaps are acceptable (typical GMP). The engine bay and interior details are very good (despite the oversize pedals on the interior).

Here are some outdoor shots of it, along with it鈥檚 newer brother the Centennial Edition Silverado LTZ (GT Spirit). Hope you like these 馃槈

Untitled by tanayast, on Flickr

Registered
Gorgeous truck (and awesome outdoor shots of it), congrats!

I recently bought a 67 Fleetside by Highway 61, shapewise it looks so similar to your ACME, they even got the same hood and tailgate hinges. I wonder if they shared the same mold or even the same factory produced it for both ACME and HWY.

Here's mine (hope you don't mind me showing it on your thread)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gorgeous truck (and awesome outdoor shots of it), congrats!

I recently bought a 67 Fleetside by Highway 61, shapewise it looks so similar to your ACME, they even got the same hood and tailgate hinges. I wonder if they shared the same mold or even the same factory produced it for both ACME and HWY.

Here's mine (hope you don't mind me showing it on your thread)
Not at all, I love to see your C10! :love: The red with that wheels looks good!
They may be sharing the mold, the only thing I see missing from the ACME is the side indicator markers.

Glad you like the outdoor photos :)

Registered
I really like the old, and new, Chevy picks up and that one is properly pretty all lowered and suped up!. I wanted to get one of the newer Silverados but the prices are nuts, like the real ones I guess lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really like the old, and new, Chevy picks up and that one is properly pretty all lowered and suped up!. I wanted to get one of the newer Silverados but the prices are nuts, like the real ones I guess lol.
Thank you! 馃檪
GT Spirit really nailed the new Silverado release! It's very well executed!
I guess the 1:18 pricing is following the 1:1 pricing amid chip shortages!

Super Moderator
Congrats on the add Stefanus!!! 馃槉 馃憦 The model looks great, and glad to see that you "made it your own" by cleaning off the graphics! Good job!
I need to add more pickup trucks into my own personal collections. However, for some reason none of the American model makers are putting any efforts into that segment? It's like a no brainer to in marketing for those makers to start producing 1/18th scale opening diecasts of modern 1/18th scale models.
Again, congrats on your add, thanks for sharing it with us. 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on the add Stefanus!!! 馃槉 馃憦 The model looks great, and glad to see that you "made it your own" by cleaning off the graphics! Good job!
I need to add more pickup trucks into my own personal collections. However, for some reason none of the American model makers are putting any efforts into that segment? It's like a no brainer to in marketing for those makers to start producing 1/18th scale opening diecasts of modern 1/18th scale models.
Again, congrats on your add, thanks for sharing it with us. 馃
Thanks Dave! 馃槈
You know, I just don't know why either. There is no American branded modern trucks being made with full opening. There are the Mercedes X-class, Isuzu D-max, etc with fully opening features. Would love to see like the RAM or F150 made with fill opening.

Super Moderator
Thanks Dave! 馃槈
You know, I just don't know why either. There is no American branded modern trucks being made with full opening. There are the Mercedes X-class, Isuzu D-max, etc with fully opening features. Would love to see like the RAM or F150 made with fill opening.
Me too Stefanus! IDKW model companies aren't taking advantage of those missing products?:cautious:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts