DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This isn't really a full-blown review, look at it more as a quick-review for those of you who's looking for some more personal opinions of these models and some detail pics of the models in more natural-looking environments. I've decided not to grade the models by numbers, instead i'll let the short texts speak for them selves.

G.M.P 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Trans Am #13 "Smokey" Yunick

This was one of my first premium diecast modelcars and i am it's second owner. I had never heard of Yunick, nor his legendary #13 Camaro and it's history of racetrack-qualifying problems, before i saw this beautiful 1/18 scale replica on a website. When getting a tip about it's interesting background, i started sweeping the net for more info and found this among others. Quite an interesting read.

The Yunick camaro is most likely my favorite within my collection, and not just because G.M.P did a fantastic job on re-creating this legend, but also because the 1:1 is such a cool car.

Favorite thing about the diecast replica: Definitely the tires, wheels and the awesome, smooth paint-job.

Follow this link to see the photospread - 1968 #13 "Smokey" Yunick Trans-Am Camaro

Link to model-specific info - G.M.P website

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Lane Exact Detail - 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 Coupe Starlight Black

Info:
Production limited to 1002 cars.
Part: #407
Release Date: May 2005
Color: Starlight Black

This modelcar was also among my first premium diecast replicas and it was also one of my first modelcars from Lane Exact detail. This 1/18 of the pavement pounding Firebird 400, has all the 1:1's details into the littlest thing. Everything from the 325 horsepower 400 cubic inch V-8 , to the rally II wheels and custom exhaust tips, are faithfully re-created in my opinion (correct me if i'm wrong).

Favorite thing about the diecast replica: The overall detail is staggering, especially the way Lane really managed to re-create the characteristic front of the bad-a** 1:1. The stance is incredible and so is the attention to engine detail.

Follow this link to see the photospread - 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400

Thank you for looking,
/Rich :cheers

Review added to the DX Model Review Database on 16-SEPT-2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for taking the time to share with us your feelings on the Yunich and Firebird.

The Yunich is one of my favorite pieces.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fast, sweet, and to the point - just like the cars! Thanks for the "snapshot". Love them both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts