DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really was looking forward to this model, & found one at a shop over this side of the pond, the 18" Billet REBEL wheels with the low profile tires look nice, though they might put some people off, as the tend to look out of scale, but they do catch my eye.
But the real let down with this car is the paint, the colour is very mean yes, but it must have been thin paint as it thick around the ends of the hood "see last photo" I had a look at 2 of them he had in the shop, they other was on display & had the same problem, but I still had to have it for my collection.

Enjoy the photos, (but once clicked they grow on you)

(have a look at the thickness of the paint on the hood line :help )

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Cool car Mike :cheers
Looks to be the Penske Trans AM car converted for street use.

Too bad about the paint, that is usually one of GMP's strong areas.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Congrats Mike :cheers
sorry about the paint on the hood :scared
I still like my Street Stalker :wink this is to much bling bling for me :giggle

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Mike. I bought one as well and am very dissapointed with the paint quality. It is exactly like you mentioned. I do not find the gaps to be to good as well. It is my first GMP and most likely my last. It was not inexpensive for the quality of it. That being said, i do like the look of the car and love the rims and tires!

DC4ME

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Too bad about the paint, Mike, but it's still a cool model. Those first generation Camaros look much better with the bumpers removed.

·
Mr. Sandman
327 Posts
Congrats.

:cheers

The paint does seem a bit thick around the hood lines, it's noticeable up close. Not a big deal though, the rest of the details are great.

Here is a simlar looking '68 for your enjoyment.

G

·
Congratulations, Mike. :cheers

It's unfortunate to hear about the quality, especially it being the paint job, since all of my GMPs have outstanding applications.

G

·
Nice pics!

I have to say that i'm pretty disappointed in this release. The tires are "plastic" in their feel and can barely spin and the overall feel is not as good as the "smokey" camaro to name one. The car is really photogenic though and the paint, in my humble opinion, is incredible. As is the mold.

/Rich

G

·
Mike,

Thanks for the pics as well as the information.

I am still on thefence about this model, hopeing for some different wheels on the next color released.

That paint looks like a body contour to me, thats pretty thick paint.

Congrats on the purchase, this is one great piece of subject matter.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Denali...looks like someone's been playing around on the Pro-Touring forum, which is where this model got it's inspiration. As far as the Street Fighter, to me it definitely represents the Pro-Touring style. I don't expect everybody to "get it" quite yet, but I'm happy to see it making to the diecast arena. Alot of muscle car Purists are against the look and/or build style and if you're either a diecast collector, an old school muscle car guy or both, it's hard to really grasp it when you have the oversized cartoony stuff like Maisto and Jada. Anyway, I hope there is more representation of this build style in the future in both 1:18 and 1:1.

:mine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.