DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another model that's been kicking around my place for a couple years now, I posted pics when I first got it, but they were truly abysmal. This is probably the favorite American Muscle series Ertl in my collection. It doesn't hurt that the '69 Chevelle is one of my favorite muscle cars, and in my opinion, one of, if not the best looking of the classic '68 - '72 GM intermediates, but apart from the front ride height being a bit high, I think Ertl really nailed the look of the car.

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
One of my favorite Ertls!
The color is perfect for this car. When I was in school, my first friend to start driving had a yellow with black roof 1969 Chevelle. We went everywhere in that car!
Of course, his was just a 307 powered cheapie but it was great fun.

You have yourself a real looker there John. Did you think about blackwashing the grille?

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff! Yeah, a blackwash would do wonders for the grill.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
This is one of my favorate Ertl molds. I wish that they would upgrade the mold to an Elite or Authentic level. Congrats John! :cheers
One of my earlier mods was to add GMP Magnums to mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Al, and congratulations to you as well! The GMP Magnums are a nice improvement, and the Polyglass GTs are much more period accurate than the Eagle STs. And I see you've blackwashed the grill (of course) and it makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
John,
Hot stuff! The yellow looks awesome! I'd like to get my hands on the somewhat recent release of '70 Chevelle in black with the 454 (396 written on the box). It looks to be on the same level as the Elite Cuda they have out.

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Sean! Yeah, the Elite '70 would be the way to go...I wish they had done the '68 or '69 as an Elite instead though, I like their looks better.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I did blackwash it and it really made a difference. I did this during a period that I BW everything the minute it cam out of the box. :giggle

G

·
Not a bad looking piece at all.

How do you guys like the rag tops on these models? I'm not too fond of them, but on the right color combo they look pretty good. the seem to ruin the lines on black cars.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I like the vinyl top on these but they could be a bit duller, and not as shinny, to look the part. They are budgets and older releases so the "trim" pieces are just silver paint.

BTW, Ertl did two different chassis on these: one with separate exhaust and one with the exhaust molded in but painted silver. I believe the Chevelle was the first that they pulled that stunt one and this yellow one is one of the molded ones. :smack

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.