DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I got this car from Al. It is an Ertl, and like most Ertl's has highs and lows. The trunk does not open, and the interior was kind of plasticy looking.

Some background: The Dodge Charger 500 was one of the opening shots in the "Aero Wars" between Chrysler and Ford. Dodge took the regular Charger, gave it a flush grill from the Coronet with fixed headlights and replaced the "tunnel" back window with a flush mounted back glass. Dodge bulit 392 examples of the 500, with either the 426 hemi, or as in this example, "just" a 440 Magnum.

I black-washed the wheels and hub caps. I like the no-nonsense, sleeper look of the stamped steel wheels and dog dish caps. I painted the grill black. Ertl had it chromed and that is not correct. I plumped and wired the engine, added lines to the undercarriage and carpeted the interior, added seat belts and detailed the dash. I had to snap some pics of it with it's oval track nemesis, the Ford Talladega. . .

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
WOW Eddie! Are you sure that is the same car? It looks 1000% better than what I sent you. :giggle

Also, I love what you have done with Cremer Classic Motors! :happy

I will have to do that to mine.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Outstanding! My favorite Charger, and you did your usual incredible job on it, Eddie. Like Al said, that's a great looking diorama as well, and I gotta say, you've got great taste in movies!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Great job dressing up the car!!! Super work!!! I have a few that need a little 'attention'. Congrats on the new get and WTG to Al too!!!

Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.