DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some barrowed info on the model and the car it represents.​

The third car in GMPs series of LeMans winning Ford GT's in 1/12 scale is the Gulf GT40 chassis number 1075 driven to victory by Jacky Ickx and Jackie Oliver in 1969. It was the fourth consecutive overall victory for the Ford Motor Company and the second consecutive win for 1075 - the first time the 24 Hours had been won by the same car twice. The 1969 season marked the end of the line for the Ford GT, which debuted in 1964, as rule changes by the European governing body made the car illegal for competition in 1970. 1075 was powered by a 302 cubic inch Ford V-8 engine with Gurney - Weslake heads.

GMP's spectacular replica is constructed from more than 400 individual hand crafted and meticulously detailed parts, including many that are photo etched. The piece also features removable body panels, genuine rubber tires, hoses and belts, functioning suspension, 'poseable' steering, a highly detailed engine, transmission and interior.

Each replica is individually numbered and is delivered with a matching product book, handling gloves, jack stands and display stanchions.

My take on the car is this: AMAZING!​

The level of detail puts to shame my 1/12 Kyosho Ferrari F40, which in itself is a very nice model.​

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
OMG this is my most wanted Diecast!!! i had a deal but broke because the shipping went bad and the model was damaged!! so no deal!!

send it over to me Preis

im very jealous Preisssss &)@#)@&
amazing diecast!!

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Just fabulous - agreed Preisman! Incredible detail and in my favorite Gulf livery!

Congratulations on owning this beauty....

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
This is an amazing model.
I was lucky enough to pick one up years ago and added 2 others to it.

You really need to show a pic of the exhaust and how it crosses over.

Thanks for sharing and great pics

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Ask and you shall receive, thats for maximus. Sorry zuugnap, you can't have this...yet.

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is awesome looking. Really suprised we haven't seen a quality 1/18 version. The old Joeuf (which I have) doesn't come close to cutting it.
I have always wondered about the Joeuf cars. They have a great subjects but never certain about the qualitly. Do you have any pictures on the site of yours?

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, just not the same. It would be great for a modest priced 18, somewhere in the 100 range. My wife bought me a Gulf Edition Tag watch and I wanted a matching model. So I found this sucker on craigslist for 350. I also picked up a Norev Astom Martin with the Gulf colors.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Wow, just not the same. It would be great for a modest priced 18, somewhere in the 100 range. My wife bought me a Gulf Edition Tag watch and I wanted a matching model. So I found this sucker on craigslist for 350. I also picked up a Norev Astom Martin with the Gulf colors.
$350!!!! What a steal.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
That's a stunning model.

·
Registered
318 Posts
This is epic Preisman! Now that's a real scaled down, well, car!!! It's like they too the real one and put it in a high pressure chamber to equally shrink down everything to scale! SOOOOOO freakin' love the mechanical details!

No offense, I just hope folks can avoid invading someone else's post... not to mention one's trying to invade photos of a premium model with an econo one...

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I asked for pictures, no problem here. Thanks for the comments, this is a true piece of art.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts