DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Plus, the headers come out of the bottom of the block!

I agree, a great concept, poorly executed in its original form (the Moffett version), and then the compromise foised onto the rest of us in domestic liveries of the Trans Am series. I have to admit, I have three of these, one of which has a rudimentary air box which partially hides the Webers.

But even this airbox would not have been consistent with what was used in a real Trans Am car.

:pullhair

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Read an interesting article the other night, that the reason the export brace isn't there is because it wouldn't clear the Webers. Apparently, when the car was delivered to Moffett originally, it came with a 302 with a 4 barrel, and they removed it to add the Australian-legal carb set-up. Hence, with nothing to go by, it gets left off the model, as well. And since Welly/GMP just used the same molds, over and over again, we will never see it. :pullhair

By the way, my yellow one came without a passenger seat, so apparently somebody is listening somewhere, and the simple deletion of an installation instruction gets us one step closer to accuracly.

:cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.