DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Highway 61 released three new colors for its 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429s. My favorite is the black one just because it is modified. It has some sweet drag tires and wheels. The other two are grabber orange and grabber green although the green really didn't photograph well. It is much darker in person. Here's the pics

Link at EpicDiecast: Three Boss 429 Mustangs

Mike

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I agree with you, Mike; that black looks really sinister with the centerlines! I have always wondered why some of these releases did not have carpeting in them, though (like my blue one), while others did. :confused From the looks of the photos, these don't appear to have it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like that black very much :cheers

I wonder how they compare to the Campbell's Edition. Hopefully in the future, someone will do a comparison of the two. Hopefully, Highway 61 will be that much better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I don't know what the deal with carpeting is. These don't have it. Who knows?

Mike

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
They look pretty nice but I wish Highway 61 had done a better job on the front end of the '70 Mustang. The headlights look like a pair of milky cataracts to me. A decent set of realistic headlights would transform this model I think :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I agree! I usually would buy anything with the name Mustang associated to it, :giggle but this is not acceptable. The mounting tab make them look cross-eyed and it appears that the headlights are pointing away from each other. The lack of carpet and those Gold wipers are also a turn-off at that price point.

I will eventually buy them, but only once I feel that the price is low enough for me to feel right about fixing them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:giggle Good description! I think you're right there. It's funny how a company that can make such realistic headlights (for the challengers) doesn't change these after seeing the first batch.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
They are not the same molds and you may need a history lesson.

Fred Ertl III founded Diecast Promotions/HW61 after Ert was bought by Racing Champions in 1996. Fred Ertl Sr. Founded the Ertl Toy company and Fred Ertl Jr. was president of Ertl at one time.

You got your F.F. Ertls mixed up as no one jumped ship. :dizzy

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
You made a bold and broad statement and I corrected you. Diecast Promotion was founded in 1996 and Ertl sold to RC in 1999 so how is that a diecast company jumping ship?

I quit caring about company history for most companies
That says a lot.

The molds and level of detail are not even close, but the Ertl were first released in 1992 so the difference is to be expected.
Also, two different retail points-$19.95-vs-$49.95 and up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.