DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another that came across the pond in my big trade with Sir Gary.

This one was a must for me as I remember going into the VW showroom with my folks to look at a brand new on back in 1970.

Very much a regular M/C, it has no real bells or whistles beside being a very accurate, well done and very pleasing to own, Diecast.
Nice paint and fine attention to the detail that are included, I would be happy if all cars offerd this kind of Detail/quality/price ratio :happy

Not on everyones list but if you like old VW's, you won't find a better one :cheers

G

·
Jeff it looks even better out of the box :giggle

A car Ive seen a few times and really like alot . I think I may bet the Fastback version....then again , I might just get them all .

Glad your happy with it buddy :cheers

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice model Jeff - I must get friendly with this Gary fella... :lol

I really like this car and Minichamps has done a great job with it. I like the details like the perforated grills on the side. A good honest model of a good honest car. I have this one, but now I must get the Squareback to go with it. I really like the silver colour - is this new?

BTW Jeff, great pictures! The bar has been raised I see.

:cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
You know, Richard, somehow I thougfht of you when I opened up this car, now how did I know.... :giggle
I am not sure if the color is new or not, I think there was a red one but when gary said he could find this color, I jumped on it.
The light Biege would be a nice color to do this one in as well :cheers

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yeah Jeff, my love of ugly, slow, '70 automoblies preceeds me. :lol
I just checked - the silver came out last year; I prefer it to the red, I must say. A cream or light beige would be nice as well, as you say.

G

·
Congrats Jeff! Those 70s VW are my favorites, too.

There are still a fewof those running around in Peru along with fastbacks and Beetles. Gotta love 'em. :cheers

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
What about Volkswagen's kind of dark forest green color? I always liked that one. A few years back an in-law had an old square back sitting out in the woods that I thought about fixing up until I got the boot open and found rust holes in critical areas big enough to throw a cat through. . .
Nice square back Jeff, looks good in that color too. . . :nicejob :nicejob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.