DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was absolutely thrilled to receive my first GMP yesterday, this one coming courtsey of Darrick at what can only be termed an unbelievable bargain!! I was very anxious to see the detail of this car after hearing and seeing so many good things about these here on DX. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. In fact, the car has actually managed to even surpass my expecations!

First and foremost, I was immediately struck by the quality packaging that GMP provides:

Then the car! :hot

Attachments

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
The first thing that stood out was the paint! Absolutely perfect application in my opinion, and I believe this color captures the era wonderfully!

The interior is extremely well done, with carpeting that is very, very realistic feeling! Nothing feels or looks cheap here at all.

Just love this trunk! I have seen many detailed pics of this before, and it did not disappoint.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Congrats Ric! :cheers and WTG Darrick :nicejob

I have to agree, the GMP GTOs are great! But you do realise that this will lead into a slippery-slope! :tempted

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Details like the mesh in the front grill are extremely well duplicated, and really do wonders for the realism!

The hood opens on some uniquely designed hinges, and the action appears quite realistic. This is one area, though, where some other manufacturers have topped GMP. (Even the Ertl Authentics hinges appear to be of a more realistic design.)

Gotta love the engine!! This was something else I had seen a lot of pictures of before, and this area did not disappoint at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations, Ric - very nice!

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks, John! It has been some time since I have been this excited about a new diecast! Neat feeling, but I suspect it is going to become an expensive "habit."

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Ric once again congrats. Great shots u took of the car. Now I really want to buy one. Do you feel better now :giggle

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Congratulations, Ric! You just signed your wallets death certificate. :lol

That Goat sure is a beauty. :cheers Have you felt how soft the tires are yet?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
:lol Yeah, they do that to you. The best tires I've ever seen on a model, by far! :cheers

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Great looking GTO, Ric!!! What a great car to add to your collection! That thing is SWEET!!!

Sean

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Once again...Congratulation on your new GTO!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts