DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
1971 Plymouth 426 Hemi 'Cuda ....by Highway 61/CDR

(Nash Bridges TV Show) (1 of 1 ... special personal order)

Finally a great version of this beautiful Mopar, which is my all-time favourite TV/movie car, the car in my signature banner……the '71 Nash Bridges Hemi 'Cuda

:pianodance :pianodance :pianodance :pianodance :pianodance :pianodance :pianodance

There is one right now on Ebay and if I had the money, I would put what it takes to win it! It's simple, I'm in love with that car since I saw the very first episode of Nash Bridges. That damn Don Johnson…..he always get some cool cars in every show/movie he was!!! :rant

:giggle

I used to have this model made by Backyard Conversion (Ertl base), which was nice looking but on a crappy Ertl base. Now I have the best quality Cuda available.

I was dreaming of a Highway 61 quality "Vanishing Point" Challenger … DONE
I was dreaming of a Highway 61 quality "Nash Bridges" Cuda … DONE
All is missing now is the Authentic General Lee … coming soon!!!! :happy

Awesome …simply awesome!

Almost everyone is familiar with Highway 61 quality so I won't name all the + & - of the model, except that it has:

-rotating drive shaft
-opening glove box
-reclining & sliding front seat
-seatbelts
-pivoting sun visors
-in/out antenna

DX result: 9/10

My personal appreciation note: 10/10

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Great catch, Jeff and awesome photos as well!

Sean

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations, Jeff - it's awfully hard to go wrong with a Hwy 61. Another nice model for your collection, and your usual great pics!

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
Looks good Jeff :cheers :coolpics

You might want to check your first post, it says the car is an Ertl on the top line :giggle

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:eek:ops ... :giggle ....thanks :cheers What was I thinking .....

You're right Mox, it's awfully hard to go wrong with a Hwy 61. I gotta say that it's my favorite muscle car maker. Probably like everyone else.

Thanks for the comments guys :cheers

G

·
Very nice too - you've been busy with the Visa :lol

Quick question - on the front bumper underneath, I've always wondered why on the Muscle Cars with rounded bumpers underneath, they are always made with two pieces. :confused

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Congrats Jeff and great pics! :cheers Is this an "official" replica or one that sorta looks like it? Is this like the AUTOart '68 green Mustang GT fastback that some called "Bullitt" but it wasn't. :giggle
If I recall, the TV car was a more "orange"-yellow than this. Wasn't it painted School Bus Yellow?

G

·
Jeff had this one created by CDR using an Highway 61 Curious Yellow 440+6 car. It was repainted 'school bus yellow' (or utility yellow) and got a HEMI engine swap and matching shaker decal change.

Highway 61 **DID** release a HARDTOP in the Nash Bridges color, and BYC cut the tops off 198 of them to create a custom LE for Supercars. THOSE customs sell for HUGE money when you can find one.

I just found one of the unaltered hardtops, and am having it converted into a convertible, and will make several more changes to duplicate the TV car as closely as I can.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Hmm, that's really interesting. I've always wondered if they made a model of the Nash Bridges car. I use to watch that show all the time when I was a kid. I wouldn't mind having one in my collection.

And what's CDR and BYC?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.