DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another great looking Muscle car that was added with the generosity of my good friend Jeff . He sure has great taste in cars :cheers

Another one from Ertl , so you all know what to expect . I really love the colour combo on this car...very 70`s .
Engine is in need of some detailing but the rest of the car is nice . I was pleased to get this one .

Providing tremendous bang for the buck with its performance 340 V8, the little Duster put many bigger muscle cars to shame.

The Plymouth Duster debuted in late 1969 as a 1970 model and was a sporty version of the Plymouth Valiant. The Duster featured curvy exterior styling and a rounded fastback look for the rear. The front end was the same as the Valiant. The interior was pure Valiant. The Duster was available with a variety of engines, ranging from two slant six cylinder engines to either a 318 V8 or a high performance 340 V8 rated at 275 bhp. It was the 340 V8, coupled with the Duster's extremely low price, that made it a hit. The base price was a mere $2,172 (only a little more than the 1960 Valiant) and included just the 198 Slant Six, a column mounted three speed manual transmission, and manual brakes and steering. However, any performance buyer would go straight to the 340 V8 option. For a mere $400, this option added the 340 V8 with four barrel carb, dual exhausts, floor mounted three-speed manual transmission, a 3.23:1 rear axle, a heavy duty suspension with larger diameter torsion bars, extra leaf springs, front stabilizer bar, front disc brakes, and a unique instrument panel that included a tachometer and 150 mph speedometer. At a total price of just $2,547, the Plymouth Duster 340 was much cheaper than either a Plymouth Road Runner ($2,900) or Mustang Mach I ($3,300).

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Very cool, Gary! I'd get one of these just for the hood graphics...that big "340 WEDGE" on the flat black hood ranks up there with anything else that came out of Detroit in the '60's/'70's.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Way to go, Jeff!!! And Gary, congrats on another great addition to the collection! She's a beauty!!!

Sean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At this point now I am extremly jealous !!! :giggle

Nice one congrats.. :coolpics ..

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Great addition Gary! I love that Mopar color! Actually I am trying to get all of the Mopar models in that color :giggle

You know, this is one budget model that in my humble opinion, I got more value for the $20 that they originally sold for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.