DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
1:18 Autoworld Elite Edition 1971 Plymouth Duster 340
Limited edition 1 of 500.

Ex-Ertl mould. Elite Edition in this case means regular version (more detailed models are in Authentics series) for Autoworld. So ... dogleg hinges, no carpet, simplified interior ...

Anyway ... here is my model. Black on black!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Congrat for this Duster, it look nice.

In general Duster are hard to find in 1:18; many are very rare, like the silver Duster 340 Matco, and also the white by Johnny Lightning.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I had an Ertl Duster way back when. I was drawn to it not only because I collected a lot of Mopars at the time, but also because I once had a Duster. Granted, it was a lowly Sundance Duster, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. Anyway, I am really impressed with the many enhancements AutoWorld made to this model. The additional details under the hood really make a positive difference in my opinion. If I could make one nitpick, I wish AutoWorld would have included carpet in the interior. But overall the model is fantastic, and AutoWorld did a fine job of upgrading the mold considering that it's almost a decade old. I have so many models on my 'want' list and lately my Mopar focus is on collecting Chargers. But I'd like to add this some time to have a Duster in my collection again, and because I'm impressed with the upgrades. With just 500 made, though, I may have to be patient!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
II wish AutoWorld would have included carpet in the interior. But overall the model is fantastic,
In fact it's more realistic without carpet inside : the Duster was a basic car with a low level of equipment, in 1971, the carpet was probably an option in this car.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
II wish AutoWorld would have included carpet in the interior. But overall the model is fantastic,
In fact it's more realistic without carpet inside : the Duster was a basic car with a low level of equipment, in 1971, the carpet was probably an option in this car.
I think even the most basic Duster had carpet. But you make a great point in that the textured surface might look more realistic than a flocked carpet surface because the carpet that came in 1971 Dusters was very basic and in no way luxurious. These were definitely stripped-down cars compared to other performance cars like Charger R/Ts and Pontiac GTO Judges where you could order just about every option available on other sub-models. So in terms of texture, especially on a black-on-black car, the interior floor of this Duster looks spot-on accurate to me!

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
It still has a lot of presence Haderach.....
Thanks for the detailed photos..

It really looks all 'muscle' in that menacing black

·
Registered
957 Posts
WOW
...........amazing photo's of a great looking diecast........thanks for posting them!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
It really looks all 'muscle' in that menacing black
That's what works for me. I really like flat black stripes on a black exterior. This same combination looks great on my GMP Plymouth GTX and my Maisto Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera. That's why I like this Duster so much. And it's why I wish Highway 61 would release a Dodge Challenger R/T in black with flat black stripes...it's such a sinister look!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your comments guys ...

And thank you Autobahn for your info about old Ertl mould. I didn't know that Autoworld made enhancements to it.

I like this model too ... Black stripes are really nice add-on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts