DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autoart Porsche 911 Turbo w/ Martini Stripes and a Spark Porsche 911 RSR. Classic Porsche styling, one a street machine, the other for the track. One is open and the other is sealed. One I love and the other I got for a great deal. But together they look great.

·
Premium Member
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I bought the RSR not realizing how much is goes with the Turbo. It really is a nice pair.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Both looks good!

·
Premium Member
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both are stunning, but that martine porsche from AUTOart is mindblowing. I have the vipergreen version, but I might consider buying this colour aswell.
Thanks. When I first saw the stripes, I wanted it. The green is visually stunning, but I wish they made a darker blue. I saw a car like this in blue and it was so beautiful

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very nice...especially the 930/911 turbo. I owned a '77 930 back in the 80's and it was a really smooth-running and fun car. There are subtle differences between the U.S. version and the European version that most people don't know about. The side marker lights on the front fenders are euro, as well as the large headlight squirters. The "Turbo" script on the rear deck is "Turbo Carrera" on the U.S. version. I notice that this version doesn't have the "sport seats" which were much deeper with large bolsters that held you in tight but made it hard to enter and exit. I always liked those "Martini" stripes/decals, but you didn't see them too much in the U.S.

I see they give the YM as 1975, which might have been the early euro cars, but the first year in the U.S. was actually 1976. For a '70's car it was fairly quick and verrrrry long legged, but not much compared to today's exotics. The 5.0 sec from 0-60 was a bit of BS because you'd have to really run up the rpms and drop the clutch hard to have any chance of getting near that...and it would kill the axle joints. Mine had headers and some tweaking and it wouldn't do 5.0 I don't think. OTH the top end was unbelievable. I had mine out on the old Lake Mead Highway one day and ran it up to about 170 on the clock and still had another 1500 rpms to go. That 4 speed was very long in 4th gear. The best part of driving it like that was the faster you went the more the back would squat and hold the road. I wish I had that one back today.

Hosted on Fotki

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.