DiecastXchange Forum banner

1976 W123 240D

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JSB 33 
#1 ·
It has been a long time since I have seen a new MB from Revell.....and now it's here : from the W123 series they have released a green 240 D (P/N 08809), 2 opening doors and engine hood....a nice model for only 25 Euro (USD 30)...smooth paint, nicely detailed interior end engine compartment....

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks quite good! I drove a similar 240D that belonged to friends of the family in Boston, Mass. about 11 years ago (it was their old car but they kept it for houseguests) and it was soooooo slow!!! Literally the slowest car I'd ever driven!!! You had to plant your foot on the accelerator going down a sloped highway on ramp and even with the help of gravity and the diesel engine doing it's best you were still only doing about 50mph when you joined the freeway! Terrible!

But it was built very well indeed and was still in great condition even after 14 New England winters at that time (not sure if they still have it!) :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.