DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts

·
Still plays with cars.
161 Posts
I'm going to agree that this car is a disaster. I bought one at WalMart for only $8.00 Canadian and still felt ripped off! I ended up giving it away to a friend into Firebirds as I couldn't stand looking at it. Oh well...

G

·
It is a piece with a fair amount of issues...I bought one to mod, and never got around to it, so after 2 years of sitting in the closet, I sold it. I think some of the guys that are modders with lots of talent, (ie. Nasstee, Lindsey, etc.) could mod the hood to make it more accurate, and correcting the stance would be easy. I say paint it black, add GMP drag wheels and tires, traction bars, give it a nice stance, add headers and intake, and presto! Saturday Night Fever all over again!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Ertl should had stopped at where the mold was made for: The Bandit car!

Attachments

G

·
Nice model Acisne! As you are lover of Fine Fords (Mustangs in particular), I too have the same penchant for F-bodys, particularly T/As and Z/28s. The Bandit version is very nice looking, but it falls short for my use. My pet peeve is that all of the Ertl versions of the 77 T/A have the 6.6 litre engine, as opposed to the T.A. 6.6. Big difference in performance, as the 6.6 liter is the corporate Oldsmobile 403 engine, and the T.A. 6.6 is the Pontiac 400 screamer (well screamer for that time period anyway)! Significant performance difference between the two. I wish some one would make a black and gold version with the T.A. 6.6 liter engine, 4 spd., WS6 suspension package which had wider 15 x 8 wheels, and 4 wheel disc brakes. Thats the ultimate 77-79 T.A.!!! JMO

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.