DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been waiting for this car to finally be released for a long time. Since I have some Hot Wheels's and Maisto Vettes I would like to stick with the budget cars if possible in the Corvette shelves. Same with my Mustangs.

So, how did Welly do?

Considering the sub-$20 ($16.99) price point, pretty good. If you are looking for a car that challenges the AUTOart's then you are looking in the wrong place but it is a nicer car than the Maisto C4 and it captures the look of the 1:1 very well.

Decent paint and fit and finish, only the cheap looking dinish on the tires and the need for some extra detailing of the wheels take away from the outside appearence.
Not quite true, there is on other MAJOR issue. The T-Tops are close to being horrible.
they are too thick in the front and the attacthment stubs show through the smoked plastic with a less than fantastic result. I wish that welly would have spent a bit more time on this feature.

The Chassis is very basic but far from unusual in this price point.

The engine shows a fair amount of detail, nothig spectacular but a very nice effort. The use of different color paint helps a lot and some of the moulded in detail is great.

The interior is probably this cars strongest feature. Again, not a Kyo or AUTOart but exceding expectations for a car in this price range. Its a bit to glossy and hard to look convincing and there is no carpet but it does give the car a nice look and it is not cheap looking.

Overall I am pretty pleased with the purchase and look forward to seeing more of Welly's newer releases if this is the direction they are headed.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
I bought one of these as a donor for a racer version of my second race car. Going to see if the body will fit onto a Carousel 1 Corvette chassis, and then change out the Big Block for a Small Block.

When you consider the expense of the only other '82 Vette's available (from AutoArt), this one is a real winner.

Thanks for the review.

:cheers

G

·
I like it . If I hadnt been lucky enough to get an AUTOart version from Jim , I would have had one of these in my collection .

After buying the Welly Cougar I was really suprised at how nice they could do the paint and exterior detail . Cheap as chips and certainly great value for money .

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Good model for the money, Jeff - nice to see they didn't put shiny chrome wheels on it.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Congrats on the new get! I see that the interior has the buckle for the seatbelt. Is there a lap/shoulder strap?

:cheers
Sean

G

·
And white seems to be the most popular color for this one too.

I think Welly delivered a winner with this model and the price makes it that much greater.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.