Registered
448 Posts
great photos! i love both the nsx and any of the skyline generations

Reactions: kitefighter

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind words. And to Kraftig for posting the pictures. I haven't mastered the knack of posting on the forum.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Excellent photos of a great pair! The NSX is defintely one of AUTOart's best. I ruled out buying one because of the price, but the more I think about it, the more I may have to reconsider buying one. It just looks that good. And I love the color on that Skyline. The engine detail on both cars is fantastic as well.

There are great Japanese performance cars that are still on the market, like the Skyline's R35 GT-R successor, the Evo, and the WRX, but this duel reminds me of when Japanese car companies were really at the top of their game. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I love seeing my black Kyosho Supra and black AUTOart NSX displayed next to each other. The NSX is definitely a great piece by AUTOart. I knew I would buy it the first time I saw it. I actually saw a white R32 AND a 458 Italia on the highway yesterday. I've seen a couple 458's already, but seeing an R32 Skyline is pretty rare here in Florida.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Both models look really good. I'm tempted to sell my AUTOart R32 GT-R for the Kyosho version. But that NSX, definitely one of AUTOart's best models. I would love for AUTOart to make a Type R in white.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Thanks for posting kitefighter - they look great together!

i have yet to add either a 'modern' Nissan or Honda to my collection, so it's nice to see your photos!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
AUTOart needs to make the 300ZX! My Kyosho looks so dated that I may sell it just because of the premium it commands and use the money to buy a couple of modern Kyosho or AUTOart models

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love seeing my black Kyosho Supra and black AUTOart NSX displayed next to each other. The NSX is definitely a great piece by AUTOart. I knew I would buy it the first time I saw it. I actually saw a white R32 AND a 458 Italia on the highway yesterday. I've seen a couple 458's already, but seeing an R32 Skyline is pretty rare here in Florida.
Thanks for the comments. Where I live, I've seen a few R32 GT-R but no 458 Italia yet, so the reverse of you. My heart races and my jaw drops whenever I see one and I look forward to getting back to my collection and handling the model of the real car I've just seen. Makes me feel connected with the real thing, somehow.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Both models look really good. I'm tempted to sell my AUTOart R32 GT-R for the Kyosho version. But that NSX, definitely one of AUTOart's best models. I would love for AUTOart to make a Type R in white.
Thanks for the compliments. I was thinking about waiting for the Type R in white too, but then I read the reviews and looked at the pictures on this forum. Always a mistake if you want to wait and hope for a different version to be released at a later date. Then my favourite dealer offered me this Formula Red version at a special price for my being a loyal customer and I couldn't refuse. I haven't regretted not waiting for a Type-R!

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I wish they made a more updated version of the NSX..love the NSX but this one looks kind of dated. I think it's the wheels.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
PIctures are great, the two models are amazing and like many here makes me rethink getting an Autoart NSX, if only they made the Type R....

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for posting kitefighter - they look great together!

i have yet to add either a 'modern' Nissan or Honda to my collection, so it's nice to see your photos!
Thanks for your kind words. I couldn't imagine a collection without Japanese performance cars which seem to be a good remedy and balance to exotic cars such as Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche in most peoples collection (including mine). I have a few American muscle cars for the same reason. What do you collect?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For those of you who like the new AutoArt NSX but are holding out for a Type-R version; I felt the same way until I got hold of my own copy of the model. I respect AutoArt more for modelling the original (and I suspect that Honda themselves had a hand in the decision).

"The NSX continued to improve throughout its life. In 1997 the engine grew into a 3.2-litre with 290bhp, while in 2003 the second generation lightweight NSX-R proved that Ferrari and Porsche didn't have the monopoly on insane road racers. But the original NSX was the most remarkable of the bunch."

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=161&i=23056

1 - 15 of 15 Posts