DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple of pictures of this budget model which can be improved decently well with just a bit of work.
  • painted the door frames and window trim
  • added door windows
  • painted the front and rear lights
  • removed the front springs and spaced out all four wheels.

If it weren't for the color being not exactly Lambo Viola, from 3 feet it could give the Kyosho SE30 a run for its money.

I could add more pictures and angles if anyone is interested.

Registered
Always great to see how just a few simple touches can transform a budget model into quite the looker :love:

Registered
Sometimes, just a hand-full of details on some modest models are all it takes for them to look like it came from a much more expensive brand. This is one of them. Did you do anything to the engine and interior?

And yeah, more pics please!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sometimes, just a hand-full of details on some modest models are all it takes for them to look like it came from a much more expensive brand. This is one of them. Did you do anything to the engine and interior?

And yeah, more pics please!!
I'll get more pictures this weekend! You know...I haven't messed with the interior and engine bay. The interior I've avoided since adding the side windows precludes me from opening the doors, so I thought it pointless to improve the interior. But yeah, If I can get that blue alcantara effect on the dash, it may look really good.

I'll take pictures alongside the Maisto SE30 Jota that I've refreshed similarly. I'm annoyed that neither of them is actually close to the real Lambo Viola color. One of these days, I may try completely respraying one of them. It might happen before AutoArt finally get around to making their long-awaited version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts