DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This year's definitely my best when it comes to getting super hard-to-get models! :happy

Here's another model I didn't think I'd ever get. Much thanks to Darrick for the super deal and record-breaking shipping. :cheers

My thoughts on the HTF 'legend':

Highs: A great model for its age (almost 7) that features four openings, carpeted interior, neat detail in the engine and luggage compartments; with added spare wheel section bonus. The tires are branded and the brakes and rotors are nicely detailed. I found the retractible front (bumper) lip to be a cool lil feature.

The inevitable lows include dog-leg hinged doors which most likely caused the noticeable sagging, an interior that has a plasticky feel to it and rubber-like seats that sometimes get in the way of the hatch when closing it. The rear wiper is very fragile and has already snapped off but careful re-glueing should do the trick. Other lows include the bubbling paint plague, the car standing too high and calipers being molded to the rotors, but the latter's acceptable.

More lows than highs? Yeh, but I still like this Supra and its exclusivety. :cool

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
amazing model and great pics :310
I just bought for my friend this model in black and now i search another black one for me :cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I remember the time I bought this one....

I bought the 3 red Kyosho's Japanese Bad Boys in the same haul......

-Mazda RX7
-Nissan 300 ZX
-Toyota Supra

My only regret was that the Supra didn't come with the targa roof.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Nice model and great pics, Gian!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats Gian. Very nice pics. :nicejob :nicejob
I'd better check on my Supra for sagging doors when I get home tonight. :scared

·
Registered
313 Posts
WoW Gian, outstanding pics for an beutifull HTF model.
That pic is one of the most prettiest pics I have ever seen.
Do you have it on a desktop size?

Anyway congrats on this amazing deal and model! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice to see you got another HTF car Gian :cheers

Its a shame these old Kyoshos arent up to scratch , as its a car I wanted to add forsuch a long time . I did buy the 1st issue Kyo RX7 and MX5 and have to say they werent very good at all and certainly didnt justify the premium price I paid for them .

Kyosho sure have improved over the last few years

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Congrats on bagging yet another 'most wanted car' from my list too Gian. Kyosho should release these Japanese cars all over again but after doing a little homework ofcourse.
I have been a recipient of Darrick's super deals and express shipping and the bossman is a first class gent. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on getting it Gian :cheers
Nice photos too. Can't see any "lows" from the pics :giggle

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Congratulations Gian!!!
I know how hard it is to get a HTF model, so I am really pleased for you.

I quite like the Kyosho Supra, although comments made here by yourself and Gary are right - it is really starting to show its age. But then again, I'd much rather one of these Kyosho's than a Bburago from the same era....

I have myself a silver one (with bonnet scoop), and a black one which I bought from new. I also have an original release red RX-7 with the original wheels, and a 300ZX. I thoroughly recommend them to all even though they lack the features of the latest AUTOart's and Minichamps.

Once again Gian, that is a great acquisition, and thankyou Darrick for obvioulsy being such a brilliant seller and person to deal with.

:310

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats buddy on a HTF model! I too have one and its black. One of few given to me by my father as a present.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.