DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
1997-2002 Dodge Viper GTS
This is one car I never understood why AUTOart never made, considering they made a Viper GTS-R. :confused

Well I have loved this car ever since I saw it back in the 1990s. I don't know how I came to love the car, but maybe the fact that it is fast and looks good helps :lol

Anyway the Viper GTS was created for the purpose of being race legal, since many race tracks don't allow convertibles like the Viper RT/10 to race. The GTS was designed back in 1995 as a race car for Le Mans. It first raced under various teams in 1996 in GT1 calss, where the highest place Viper managed 10th.
In late 1996 the Viper GTS went on sale as a 1997 model and included features not seen on the Viper RT/10, such as power windows, air conditioning, and other features to make driving easier. It also had rear exhausts instead of the side exhausts of the original RT/10. The GTS went unchanged till 2000, when it got more color options plus anti-lock brakes to shorten stopping distances. In 2002 the final GTS was made before production of the new Viper SRT-10 roadster began. These final GTs's were called the Final Edition, and 360 were made. It was a mix of standard GTS's and ACR's (the track ready version of the GTS) and all were painted red with whit stripes to celebrate many class wins at Le mans and other tracks with the Team Oreca Viper GTS-R's. Anyway enough history, now for pics :giggle
(Pics from www.Fast-Autos.net)

More pics Here and Here

G

·
I could most certainly agree that this is one car that certainly deserves to be made by a high end company.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I have always wondered why it has not been done by a high-end too. The 1:1 Viper crowd alone would make this an instant sell-out as they buy just about anything with a Viper on it.

G

·
The budget models were fine as they were the only game in town, but think about how well something like this would compliment the AUTOart GTS-R racecars.

G

·
:iagree Considering they made corvettes and vipers are their arc rival :iagree that autoart should make this model. I would buy every colour it would be made in.

G

·
I have the Blue Bburago Viper GTS and love it .

I would definately add a high end version if AUTOart were to make it . :hot

G

·
I would like to see Minichamps or GMP make a version of it, atleast we know GMP cares about the American segment as AUTOart's Chief mentioned that American copies don't do well.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I also would love to have an AUTOart GTS. The lower end models are OK, but just do not do the Viper justice. The GTS-Rs AutoArt made are my favorite pieces in my collection. It would be great if they would make a GTS!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Not too much. How have you been? You're right, it has been a while. I can't wait for the 2006 coupe either! I already have it pre-ordered! AutoArt is also going to make the Viper Competition Coupe, which is awesome! I can't wait! :cheers :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.