DiecastXchange Forum banner

1999 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II (R34)

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  nadav_86 
G
#1 · (Edited)
Tonight on from NPPS... :cool

My favorite car from the JDM movement has to be Nissan Skyline. I mean look at it!

300 horses (okay, 280)

All-Wheel-Drive

Twin-Turbo I6 (Thanks Chris!)

0-60 in 4.5 secs and 1/4 mile in 12.7

This car also happens to be one of my favorite earlier models. I'm so glad I finally took it out for a photoshoot. Now I gotta put all 30+ boxes back in the closet... :cry :giggle

See less See more
G
#8 ·
MB, Alp and Johnny: Thanks!

Gary: You can't go wrong with either one. Both have the revolutionary awesome brake detail that started it all!

Chris: Thanks for that. Boo-boo fixed. And yes, I did know. Honest! :giggle

Ali: Thanks and :iagree AUTOart did a great job on this car!

G
#9 ·
Beautiful car! I have it in the same color (Bayside Blue). Best color for it in my humble opinion.

Also, regarding the horsepower, I heard a little while ago that no car in Japan can have more than 276bhp (280PS, 205Kw). So, the bhp is always stated as 276 (for example in the GT games). But, the car does actually have 300bhp.

Anybody know if that's true?

G
#11 ·
MB's right. There are no more horsepower 'limits' in Japan and that's why the next wave of sports car engines will be capable of making 400-450 horses! I hope that doesn't mean higher prices, though. :scared

G
#12 ·
The 278bhp gentlemen's agreement has been thrown out ages ago. The manufacturers simply report their cars to be 278bhp when they are already in the 300bhp+ range.
The horsepowers are simply getting too high nowadays to lie about it so the manufacturers opted to report more accurate values. :giggle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.