DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Since I still have problems with the fine swarf of putty I can't go on with my larger custom projects.

So I had to content myself with some repaints and other modifications the last weeks.
It's been a while ago since I did my last Wiesmann and the annual spring event is coming - time for offspring!

Wiesmann MF3 Roadster, mora-met.

For this I chose an elegant "tone on tone" combination and 21" rims from Jaguar XK.

(Photos in the sun will follow)

and

Wiesmann MF4 GT, Estoril Blue

This one got some more details:
- 20" BBS FI rims (resin copies from HWE 599GTO), rear wheels with lower offset (reformed in hot water)
- larger brakes with calipers painted in matt blue met.
- closed side windows
- refined interior with shortened shifter, scratch-built Becker navi, trunk in full leather optic and so on

G

·
Oh lord that Coupe is SEX!!!!!!!! Wow!!

The wheels on the roadster look a tad on the large side, a few mills smaller would be perfect IMO

·
Craig Lilliman
248 Posts
Two very nice mods mate, and a nice turn around too

As said above, I think the wheels on the roadster and slightly too big, a few mm's smaller and it would look a lot lot better

That blue on though, oh my!

Beautifull colour, love the wheels and you've done some nice touches with the shorter shifter and the leather in the boot

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Holy shhhhhhh! That blue is EXCELLENT!!! I still remember the posts from last year. I guess that conversation (below) has now come full circle. Amazing.

wow...what a turnout

I LOVE the wheels on those last 2 Roadsters (the blue & burgandy ones you refererred to).
I agree. Those wheels are...I can't even think of a good enough adjective. HAHAHA

They look a lot like ADV1's or concave BBS F1 wheels. Does anyone know who actually manufactures them?

**Just looked around the internet...if those AREN'T BBS F1's, they are a VERY close replica. Oh yeah...and they also apparently go for about $8000.00

[/quote]
Yes, those actually are BBS F1, but special Wiesmann-edition:

I already asked Uli Nowak to make them for me.

[/quote]

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks!

Yeah, I bought this wheels half a year ago but since the 599GTO has no different offset, the look didn't match close enough.
Then I remembered resin is getting supple when it's warmed up. So first I tried it with a hair dryer but that didn't work.
Another question was how to form it accurately.

Finally I had the right idea: I put a metal ring in a small glass dish and the rim on that ring, so the center hub has enough space to go down.
Then I soused it slowly with simmering water, placed a rounded brush handle exactly to the center and pressed it down very carefully.
At first try I overdid and one spoke got broken (but repairable). After that I knew the point how far to go and it worked well!

I couldn't wait to see the combination with Estoril so I decided to repaint a GT instead waiting 'til I do the MF5 Roadster.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.