DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First up, pics of the Minichamps 320i I won before I left for trip. It's quite nice, but the door hinges are so flimsy, I fear to open the doors again... :scared

Next up is the favorite model out of my whole HK haul, the Landcruiser! This model is just SUPERB. QC is still kinda wonky, but it's pretty good on my example, with only minor QC probs... Get this if you still can, you won't regret it!

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys! :happy

the LC is one of the best "bang for the buck" models ever. I got it for around 60USD, and it's worth every penny!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Great BMW, Gary!

·
Registered
339 Posts
well Gary, hmph!! you know what i think about the landcruiser, you rascal you (LOL). no, good finds Gary. i'm glad your HK trip was so productive. that's a great price for the landcruiser (a steal almost). it's gonna be hard to find fellas, but good luck. took me forever to find one, but a few are still out there. congrats, again, Gary.

EricP

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

tanayast: sadly there isn't a version without the stripe and the gold chrome... You can try getting rid of the stripe with NPR, i'm preet sure it's a tampo tho...

Eddie: yes, I like the gold colour quite a bit... was hoping to score the Jag too, but bah, that one goes to crazy $$$ :giggle

Ric: thanks! I love it! If I can find a green LC later at a decent price, I might add that one too...

SG: it was 62USD at MCE, but they're outta stock now. If you want them, you'll have to go to ebay, which costs around 75 to 80USD each one :( PLUS shipping...

mox: thanks!

Eric: sorry Eric, I had purchased this white one months before my trip (got my cousin in HK to get it for me), and when I got to MCE on my trip, they only had the green display LC left, and wouldn't sell the dang thing :pullhair

nandan: thanks! I love them both!

Jim: firstly, you'll see a little nick in the gold chrome on the front grill. Second, the driver's side foldable side mirror has "flash" (<---- extra plastic) sticking out, and it's a big piece. I might cut it off later...

·
Registered
339 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
LOL hey Gary, i'm just teasing you buddy. I knew you ordered that awhile ago. It look better in your pics than the ones on ebay. Is the carpeting plush? How does the dashboard look to you and engine detail with the naked eye? Is it as good as the Toyota Crown? I'm waiting for you your review. I do have one on hold for me, but not getting it at the price you paid. But it look like it's still worth the 80 bucks. Get that review done Gary!!! :feedback

EricP (lol)

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll try to get a review done ASAP Eric, but it'll be hard, since I have 8 other models to photograph :giggle

But a quick overview, I can give you right here:

Exterior: perfect, except for that annoying stripe across. Lots of little things to play with too, opening gas caps, 2 way opening rear doors (top opens up, bottom opens down), folding side mirrors, etc. Gold chrome may not appeal to all, but are very well done. SUPER HEAVY model alert too!

Interior: amazing, carpet is plush, dash looks realistic, the only thing I can nitpick on is that the toyota logo on the steering wheel isn't a separate chrome piece... oh well. Seats can do a bunch of stuff too, and look more realistic than the Prado SE's.

Engine: good (enough). It's not an Exoto engine, but hey, new cars have those nasty large plastic covers anyway, can't really blame the model maker :giggle

Tires: marked! YAY! and brakes are photoetch.

In terms of comparison to the Crown, I'd say it's about even, but the Crown edges out slightly, with better QC (might be specific to my models tho). BTW, the Corolla is worth getting too, just as good as the LC/Crown :D

I'll try to get a proper review up within a few days, in the mean time, if u have other questions about the model, let me know here, and I'll answer them :cheers

G

·
Nice Gar! congrats, but where are the rest?! :confused :giggle the other 8 pieces from the trip... i love the LC, but not too crazy about the graphics on the side.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Alex: I'll be posting two to three each time, since:
1) I'm still on jet lag, I go to bed super early now
2) I'm doing a ton of housechores
1) and 2) implies that 3) I don't have much time to take my new models out for photos :p

I'll take a few more tonight tho, I promise :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts