DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One we don't see as much as the others, this has always been one of may favorites and the hardest one to find.

Attachments

G

·
That is a cool one, maybe if I start adding more DTMs to the mix, I'll hunt one of these down. As it is, I have enough to catch up on! Thanks for the pics, MP!

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
:whyclick I was pretending this model does not exist. Now I have to go and find it. If only I had picked this one instead of the D2 car. D2s are dime a dozen here.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I have 8.5 different liveries.
I am not counting the different years or race #s, just the liveries.
I am giving a .5 to the Warsteiner car because there are 2 very different paint schemes.

Here are a couple of them...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
My regular shop has a D2 in stock. No one here is interested in these racing cars. The most popular request is for Ferrari F1s and other Ferraris in general. Yesterday there was a guy ready to pay any kind of money for the model of a 1964 Impala, cause he still drives one here. You can still pick up a #2 917K here for around 40 USD.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I have the same DTM 2000 and it's the only one from that season...now I'm hunting for the black and white 24 h service...I was not very keen on racing cars but it's changing....my racing collection is growing...

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
It's interesting to read what sort of cars move & what stays around on shelves. I guess exposure to certain race series has some impact on what collectors buy. But honestly, I hadn't seen and DTM races on TV until 2004, one year after I bought my first DTM car.

Aside: Are there any diecasts of Karthikeyan's F1 Jordan car? :confused

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
What is it about these cars? I saw that one at KB yesterday. I'd been digging through everything, hemming and hawing, but when I found the DTM, I picked it up and never sat it back down. They have 4 more of it in the same livery as well. But now I want the Service 24h in the dark livery, and the black AMG one. I'm doomed. Thanks guys, thanks alot. . . :nicejob

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I used to catch snippets of the DTM races on tv. But those were the C class racers. Never seen the CLK in action. I am still waiting to see Karthikeyan's Jordan in 1:18. He has not yet been confirmed in a seat and maybe this will be the first and last car of an Indian driver for a long time. I hope he gets a good drive for the 2006 season. If Mattel gets the rights to the Jordan, they should be able to make a killing in India. Thats if they price it right. Not at the absurd 50-80$ it charges for its other models.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I was checking out one of the newer HotWheels F1 cars (Renault) against an Minichamps F1 car. I dare say Hot Wheels's quality has improved quite noticeably. It's tonloads better than the quality of my Mika Hakkinen MB.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Eddie, the AMG is pretty sweet.
There are 2 different versions of it, 2002 and 2003. The 2003 has some different lower rear fenders (like the dark dog car)
The 2002 cars (and newer) also have a different body than the earlier cars like your white 24 hour servic car.

You can always get some extras and make some street cars :giggle

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.