DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one just came.
1 of 5000, it has been rumored that a number of these had to be destroyed as Ertl did not secure the rights from the "King Ranch" to use their name on this diecast.

Here is a little bit of info on the King Ranch taken from their WEBSITE

" Founded in 1853 by Captain Richard King, King Ranch sprawls across 825,000 acres of South Texas with land that varies from fertile black farmland to low-lying coastal marshes to mesquite infested pastures that mark the beginning of the great Texas brush country. Covering almost 1,300 square miles, it is larger than the entire state of Rhode Island."

The 1:1 truck is sold in very small numbers (at least here in Ohio) and is gorgeous.
The interior is coverd with saddle leather and the exterior has its own unique paint and trim.

Ertls 1:18 version is surprisingly well done and compliments their fine Harley Davidson themed trucks.

I was unsure about getting this one but now that I have it, I am very pleased :happy

Attachments

G

·
I dont need to take pics of mine now :lol

You got that one quick didnt you ?

A seriously nice truck , I love mine and cant wait to get it lined up with the others . Thanks again buddy :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Great pics Jeff! :cheers I read that 1300 of them were destroyed. :badidea
One of the reasons that leads me to believe the rummor is the fact that Ertl has not released more colors. I know that Ford made a green, a dark blue and a white King Ranch in 1:1. Ertl is not one to leave molds unused! :lol

BTW, It still takes an hour plus to driver through the King Ranch at 75MPH on HWY 77.
Some of it has game fence and there is heards of all kinds of exotic animals. It takes you by surprise when you are tooling along and all of the sudden there are Zebras or African Antelopes on the side of the highway! :giggle

G

·
A very rare beast Jeff, congrats.

I love the colour of the seats but i'm not too sure about the white/cream dash.

:cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
It looks much better in person than in my stinky picture.
I have yet to master interior shots :pullhair

The 1:1 is so awesome!
My friend is a manager of a Ford store and he had one of these for a weekend and it was the nicest interior I have ever sat in :yahoo

G

·
That's a nice looking model. Congrats on adding that piece. Luckily, it's something I'm not tempted by, at least not yet.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just sitting here looking at this truck, I don't know why I waited so long to get it :confused

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone :cheers
I am glad you all like it :nicejob

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Ooh. If I ever wanted to get an ERTL, it's now. Congrats, Jeff! :cheers

Is the grille painted the correct color, though? :confused

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just discovered a flaw on the truck.
On the rear fender it states 4X4 yet the truck is a 4X2 :confused

I guess I could pretend :giggle

NPR, here I come!

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Not so fast with the NPR buddy :giggle

I did a bit of searching and found these specs on the 2002 King Ranch

2002 Ford King Ranch SuperCrew F-150
Base price: $32,360
Engine: 4.6-liter V-8, 231 hp; 5.4-liter V-8, 260 hp
Drivetrain: Four-speed automatic, rear- or four-wheel drive
Length x width x height: 226.2 x 79.7 x 76.9 in
Wheelbase: 139.0 in
Curb weight: 6500-6600 lb
EPA City/Hwy: 16/20 mpg (4.6-liter; 5.4-liter, 15/19 mpg)
Safety equipment: Dual front airbags, four-wheel anti-lock brakes
Major standard equipment: Power windows, automatic air conditioning, cruise control, AM/FM stereo with six-disc CD changer, keyless entry, two-tone paint
Warranty: Three years/36,000 miles

Apparantly only the 4.6 was 2wd , but the 5.4 did come with 4wd , so the model is correct :happy

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Correct up to the point of having a decal on the fender :giggle

No transfer case, no front driveshaft and no front diferential makes me think 4X2 :lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.