DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I'm pretty excited about getting this car. I scooped it this past week at a local hobby show. The model itself is made beautifully. But getting the car brings me somewhat bittersweet feelings with the knowledge that the 2005 C6-R from AUTOart will be a sealed model. But focusing on the positive, the 2004 C5-R brings a close to a most successful "career" for that car in the ALMS and Le Mans.

This car has the names of Fellows/O'Connell/Papis. I believe it was modeled after the car that raced at Sebring race as the spoiler was all black. It won the GTS class in that race by the way. :happy

Here's one quick photo of the model...

EDIT: More pics in Motorsports Sub-forum.

...and a photo I took from behind pit lane at Mosport on the Qualifying Day. Notice the spoiler is yellow on the end and not black as in the case with the Sebring car. In addition, the Sebring setup had those little canard wings (not sure if that's the proper name) on the front of the car for more downforce.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car

Attachments

G

·
It was enevatable that you were going to get the 2004 version sonner or later.
So now you do have at least 1 C5R from every year it has raced. Any plans on the C6R even if it is (Sigh) sealed.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
You won't be disappointed....on the assumption you didn't overpay for it. As far as workmanship, I was not able to find any faults. The fit & finish is very good! The next step for me is to check into the accuracy against the 12Hr Sebring Race car.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good question you ask. As I now collect 1:43 race cars (which are ALL sealed) I am little more tolerant to that non-feature. But the qualifier is that the car itself has to be something that will NOT be made in 1:18. So, right now, my plan is to not buy the AUTOart sealed 1:18. Instead, I'll hold out for a 1:43 equivalent which should be available for a much lower cost. But I suppose if I do happen to find a C6-R for really cheap, I **might** buy it.

G

·
Well done Felix. The Corvette looks great in that yellow colour.

Great photo's too!.

Thanks for sharing!

:cheers

Timbo.

G

·
Congrats Felix on your new C5R. :happy
Do you have every C5R driven by Fellows? I'd love to see a group pic of all his Corvettes. :hot

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the congrats guys.

Chris: No, I don't actually have every Ron Fellows C5-R. :giggle Believe it or not, I never set it as a goal of mine to find them all. I just have 6 of his cars to date & I'm pretty content with that.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
If I was starting a race car collection, this one would be my first buy!

Very nice model and an amazing picture! :cheers

G

·
Nice one Felix. :cheers I like the look of this one, especially the little winglets at the front. If I was to add to my C5R collection consisting of only 1 model atm :giggle, I think this will have be the next. One question though, what type of hinges are used on the doors? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Cuda Jeff: Thanks for the kind words!

chappy8p
: I'm not sure what the proper term for the hinges are. But I can say that they are not big & ugly (in my opinion). I compared them against AUTOart's C5-R from 1999 and the hinges are identical in style & size. I'm not sure if that really helps you. Maybe someone else can help confirm if they are those infamous dog-leg hinges or not. :feedback

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Pavel. I had been looking for this car for a few weeks now. It seems as though it has not shown up on eBay much at all. :confused That is such a difference from the race version GT3Rs which appear to be much more available.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Good eyes Eddie!

The square field on the Sebring was actually square on the doors and rounded on the hood and rear. Full marks to AUTOart on the accuracy of this particular detail. :nicejob :nicejob But the one detail I'm trying to figure out is that roundish thing (airscoop??) you see towards the rear of the window opening.

(photo courtesy of racingsportscars.com)
Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

Attachments

G

·
I like this new model you have Felix ! I like those "duck" wings at the front :giggle

Terrific photography as... always ! :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not only does the C5-R have wings "comme un canard", it's also yellow "comme un canard". :lol :lol Thanks for your kind words about the photos Thomas! :cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts