DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this coupe and her roadster sister on eBay for about $29 each, and I'm pretty impressed, even though I had heard mixed reviews about quality and detail suffering because of cost cutting. This model reminds me of a very well done Beanstalk... paint is great, but there are some sloppy sections with glue smears that will have to be rubbed out with polishing compound. Engine bay is good but not great, interior is nice for what is there, but looks a bit strange without carpeting and the instruments are stickers and as a result look very flat. Stance is terrific and the model looks wonderful on the shelf. Like I said, for the price it's a very nice model.

Dialup warning... Large (100K) files... Click thumbnail for larger image...

G

·
Beautiful! I've been eyeing these Minichamps DB9's for a while. I love the British Racing Green on the Volante so am aiming to get that eventually.

G

·
I picked up one of these from ebay also. Should be receiving it Monday. After seeing your pics I'm even more excited!

G

·
I have the Volante sitting with me here waiting for its flight home (mid July)...very nicely done. Picked it up for 30 Euro here in Berlin.

Wonderful pics, VR! The coupe looks fabulous too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
vegasracer said:
Stance is terrific...
That is the most important thing as this, in my opinion, is the most beautiful modern sports coupe. Pity Minichamps chose to do it in a budget version; I have no doubt a higher end version would have done as well. But, on the other hand, they're saving me a few dollars. Thanks for the pics and mini review Dr. Jeff.

Cheers

·
Registered
402 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Its understandable to be a little mad with there being no carpeting, but this is a good thing as it did keep the price very reasonable, and it lets the modding begin. I have had these for 4 months, and love them both. The stance is the best, and it does look terrific on the shelf. To remedy the interior, I plan on going to stop in at a craft shop and purchase some material I can use for carpeting. Should be fun to upgrade the car. :cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts