DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE STORY

Dodge Unleashes 150 MPH Viper-Powered RAM

If it's worth doing, it's sometimes worth overdoing. So only Dodge could create the boldest, baddest and fastest full-size pickup ever, the Viper-powered 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10.

Taking its rightful place as the ultimate performance pickup, the 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 brings a massive dose of Viper power to the performance pickup segment, with a class-demolishing 500 horsepower and 525 lb.-ft. of torque. Topping 150 mph in maximum speed and reaching 60 mph in approximately five seconds, Dodge has recalibrated all expectations for truck performance.

The Dodge Ram SRT-10 may be the first halo truck, but trust me, this truck is no angel, said Wolfgang Bernhard, Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group. The Ram SRT-10 is true to the performance ideals that created the original Dodge Viper: keep it simple and make it fast.

'There is no replacement for displacement,' added Bernhard [:p]. 'The Ram SRT-10 delivers its astounding performance in a way that only Viper owners will recognize, with an endless rush of torque.'

500 Club

The numbers don't lie: the Dodge Ram SRT-10 is the most outrageous pickup ever. With 500 horsepower, 525 lb.-ft. of torque, 505 cubic inches and a 500-watt, ear-melting sound system, Dodge dominates in every category. Simply put, the 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 is the new performance truck icon.

The Ram SRT-10's mayhem-making ability is delivered courtesy of the highest displacement engine in a factory pickup truck-the same 8.3-liter V-10 that powers America's ultimate sports car, the all-new 2003 Dodge Viper. The V-10's horsepower rating easily surpasses all other pickups - not to mention virtually every production sports car in the world.

We set out to create the Viper of trucks and we delivered, said Jim Schroer, Executive Vice President - Global Sales and Marketing. This is a unique truck - a low volume, over-the-top collectible that remakes the entire segment. In the performance truck segment, the Ram SRT-10 simply dominates the road - and proves once again that Dodge DNA runs true and deep.

Story by DaimlerChrysler

THE SPECS
Type: V10
Displacement cu in (cc): 505 (8277)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 500(372) / 5600
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 525(712) / 4200
Redline at RPM: 6000
Brakes & Tires
Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
Tires F-R: 305/40 YR22
Exterior Dimensions & Weight
Length × Width × Height in: 211.6 × 79.9 × 74.4
Weight lb (kg): 5150 (2338)
Performance
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 5.4
Top Speed mph (km/h): 150 (241)
Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): 9/15 (12.5)

Base Price: 2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 - $45,625 (coresty of rssportscars.com)

THE PICS
(every Write up has gotta have some seXy pics! :lol )

Once Again, rsports cars .com
:what

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Im a Ford guy so Id really prefer to see a proper 1/18 SVT Lightning done , but I have to admit that Dodge sure is a brutal looking Truck

Id take one if it ever gets done :cheers

I see Spark have just released it in 1/43 in red and black . Looks pretty good too .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have yet to see one of these on the streets yet. Sure does look menacing enough.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here in New Jersey, its mopar country, so i get my fair share of rams, chargers, vipers etc. Daily :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I jus picked up one of Maisto's pull back ones yesterday. They put some better detail on these than some of the 1/24's. I thought the Spark model was 1/43?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Eh, what can you do, Ford owned them, (didnt you notice by them only making fords jags and astons?) and they had to either cut or sell company because they and GM are supposedly projected for Bankrupcy in 10 Years. Thats the rumors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are a couple of the 4-door versions running around here, that I see every now and then (monthly). Ive only seen 1 standard cab 2-door out on the road...never been in a situation to see how well they run though. Even with all the hp, theyre still 4.8-5k in weight. Nothing a 400hp Vette, Camaro, Mustang should fear. I saw an SRT8 Charger the other day that was pretty mean looking and nasty sounding. I wish someone (maisto) would do it and the Lighting in 1:18!

Here little trucky wucky!...... Here little trucky wucky!.... Come out, comeout where ever you are! :giggle

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
The Ram SRT-10 may weigh 5,000 lbs, but the Viper V10 has more than enough power for it :giggle
0-60 mph is 4.9 seconds, wich is comparable to many sports cars. From what I read the truck also handles very well (for a truck anyway). If I'm not mistaken the SRT engeneers tried to match the handling of a Nissan 350Z. In a 5,000 lb truck. :lol
Also since it has the Viper engine you know people will mod them. Hennessey Motorsports sells a twin turbo kit that bumps power from 500 hp to 1000 hp on pump gas, not racing fuel. :cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.