DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
This is the latest release of the new 2004 SLK R171 by Minichamps. The car has a working roof.

The exterior of the car is very well detailed, smooth surface and no flaws in the paint...Headlights look very real (Xenon) and no attachment points are visible....Shutlines are very tight. On the trunk the MB symbol is photo-etched....

Nice detailed engine compartment....

The opening mechanism of the roof is similar to that of the SL500 (also by Minichamps)...First you have to open the trunk and retract it. After doing this you can fold the roof (and backwindow) into the trunk (which is carpeted)...

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

The interior of the car is very detailed with much attention to the dashboard, function buttins on the steering wheel, carpets on the floor...The middle console (armrest) can be opened and contains a mobile phone..no leather seats and the safety belts are not made out of cloth, but rubber....I really had hoped this car would have had a leather interior....

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
very nice Gunther! Congrats! :D

I'm STILL waiting for the SL500 reg release, and now they release an SLK!? I'll never keep up! :giggle

G

·
You have answered my question! :giggle

It is a pity that MB didn't want leather seats fitted to this. However, on a positive note, the rest of the model looks excellent.

I shall be adding one!

:cheers

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The model has been released on Nov 28th...pre ordered at my MB dealer, so I received it very quick....

The interior has carpet on the floor, just as the trunk

To my knowledge, there are at this moment 4 types of engines :

- 200 Kompressor
- 280 and 350 V6
- SLK 55 V8 by AMG

I think this is a 280 or 350.....

G

·
Awesome Gunther. Congrats. :cheers
I didn't know it was already released. I'm sure it would look good with my SL500! :thanks :joy

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
May want to add it but I'm not sure.... :confused

...maybe if I see the SLK 55 V8 AMG......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts