DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I thought I would write a review about this model as I know some are undecided about buying one because they own the Beanstalk Concept GT :cheers

Click on Thumbnail pictures to enlarge:

Paint: The paint on my GT is about as perfect as you can get. Shiney, smooth, and rich in color with no orange peel or unpainted areas. The stripes are very nicely done and are aligned perfectly, and are smooth and vibrant. The best painted car in my collection by far.

Accuracy=10 Detail=9

Exterior : Autoart did a wonderful job on the exterior. It looks almost exactly like the real GT, except for the unmarked tires. The doors, rear engine clamshell, front trunk all open. The front trunk is carpeted. The headlights and tailights are well done and look great. The side markers are attached well, but do have visible attachment stubs, both in front and rear. Every vent is perforated except for the small rear engine vents on top of the rear clamshell. The scale is spot on and everything fits very well with small gaps. Ford logo on front is raised above the rest of the surface and is neatly done and in the correct color. The front is made of plastic, but there is no visible color difference at all. The stance of the model can only be described as perfect...It looks like the real thing! And all of the small aerodynamic pieces are there as well. The front splitter, side splitters, the small ducktail extension, and the really cool venturi tunnels which are perfect in size, color and shape.

Accuracy=8 Detail=9

Interior: The interior is another strong point of the model and was modeled very accurately. The only short coming I can see, or feel rather, are the hard plastic seats that Autoart always uses but they still look top notch. The instrument panel is excellent in detail and the gauges are covered to look like glass, and are legible. The floor is not carpeted, but this is accurate as neither does the real car. The center "magnesium" tunnel is finished to look just like the real thing. The A/C vents are perforated and the shifter, pedals and steering wheel all look superb. I was worried about Autoart not getting the correct texture on the dash, but they did a wonderful job on that too. Most of the 1:1's have the optional McIntosh sound system, but this model does not and is missing the large, and rather awkward subwoofer in between the seats. The roof is finished as you would expect at this print point.

Accuracy=9 Detail=9

Engine: The engine compartment is executed well, although it could have been better. The detail is there though there should have been more. The suspension is modeled exactly like the real thing, with metal shocks and correct parts. The Ford Blue paint applied on the cam covers looks great and is applied nicely. The exhausts are hollow and have a wonderful metallic look to them just as the 1:1 GT's do. There are instructions and such on the filler caps of things like the dry sump oil tank.

Accuracy=9 Detail=7

Wheels: The wheels are done correctly with silver paint and a chrome piece in the center. Autoart captured the correct details of the rims as well. As with the real ar. only when up close can you really tell that the rim design is not six seperate spokes, but rather 3 sets of 2 spokes, seperated by the three-sided chrome piece. But, the tires, while they look good(not shiney), they don't have the Goodyear markings.

Accuracy=8 Detail=9

Brakes: The brakes on the GT are of normal Autoart quality, which is the best in the 1:18 business. The look, the size, the finish. All accurate. And the calipers are fixed while the discs move between them. The are also cross-drilled and actually look like they've been used! :nicejob

Accuracy=10 Detail=10

Tampo/Decals: All of the stripes, logos and labels are of high quality and are applied nicely. The stripes both on the top and sides of the GT are the correct width and color, brilliant white.

Accuracy=10 Detail=10

Undercarriage: Underneath the GT, there really isn't must to see, although accurate. The complete underside of the real GT is flat, albeit golf ball like indents at various locations. Two GT logos are also molded into the models underside but I cannot say if this is correct or not.

Overall: A very nice model based on the production Ford GT. The price is a little high, but definitely worth it. A great effort by Autoart for sure. And while no real huge improvements are shown from Autoart over recent releases, except for paint quality, this model will not disappoint and will surely stand out in your collection.

Year Of Release: 2005-Late September in the U.S.

Price: $80-$90 Premium, especially at the new Autoart prices :giggle It is however worth the price in my opinion. I paid a very reasonable $58 + $8.50S&H for mine as I preordered it when it was first announced.

Subject matter: A very good subject matter. And although Beanstalk, and now Hot Wheels(who use Beantalks mold) make the Concept GT, no one else currently makes the production version Ford GT.

Packaging: Standard Autoart Millenium. A box with pictures of the model, with foam and tissue protecting the model inside.

Craftsmanship and Quality: A very light model compared to most in my collection. But quality and craftsmanship are great on my model.

A few more pictures :giggle :cheers

Review added to the DX Model Review Database on 22-OCT-2005

G

·
Thanks for the great review FordGT. I wish I could take fantastic pics like you. Anyway, please allow me to add a small comment on the model itself. I believe it would look even better if AUTOart were to replicate the rear wheels with a more agreesive "lip effect." Please see attached pics below....
1:1

1:18

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have saw a yellow copy of my friend Merc and I agree this is a very nice model BUT..

At the new price of AUTOart I don't think it's worth the $$$. I didn't see any improvement from last year releases, and I don't want to talk about even less quality that other models before this one :pullhair
The model looks good but I'm very disappointed, the feeling is that you got more plastic than diecast, the weight is something like 0.000001kg :giggle

I want the Ford GT in my collection, so I just hope I'll find it for a decent price..

Thank's Justin for the nice review and photos :cheers

·
Registered
994 Posts
Great review and FGT FGT! :giggle
I really like the model, looks like they got it spot on!
One question: how is the weight?
Congrats on getting the model (if I haven't said it already)! :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Thanks Justin! Great review! :nicejob
Q. Are there seatbelts? It seems that every review and pic that I have seen has not shown whether they are present or not.
If they are, are they correct?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:cheers Guys!!!

I forgot to mention the seat belts :pullhair :giggle Autoart did a nice job on those too, very accurate, with P.E. buckles with realistic belts. They are also correct in size and shape :cheers

G

·
Wonderful review Justin :nicejob
It was a good read.
Fair review too as I agree that there is not much wrong with the model. :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts