DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I got the 1:18 'Billet Specialities' Wheel-and-Tire set made by GMP. With some modifications I installed them on the Hot Wheels 1:18 2005 Mustang GT. I think these wheels are better looking than the stock Hot Wheels chrome wheels (which looks too large and too narrow). What do you think? ~ Some pics below.

Other mods done to this car:
- Detailed engine bay
- Detailed the headlight pocket area
- Detailed the taillights
- Detailed the underbody
- Covered the bare hradliner on the interoir with felt
- Michigan license plate on the rear

G

·
:tongue That looks stunning!
Which manufacturer makes this?(I mean before the mods) and how much are they?It looks sooooooo mean!Great job u've done there.
:cheers
Tony.

·
Registered
90 Posts
:iagree you've done a good job there tanayast, it certainly suits the car better than the original Hot Wheels rims. Love the Michigan plates too, I reckon that (for any model) normal number plates add to the realism

:cheers

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vxfan said:
Which manufacturer makes this?(I mean before the mods) and how much are they?
Hi Tony,
The Mustang was made by Hot Wheels and they are around $20. Here's the pic of the stock car:

There's also a version made by AutoArt which is 100 times better, they are around $80.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Stunning job you did there!!!!! :3tens

....your modifications makes it look like a 1:1 car!!!!! Those tires and rims does a very good job on the realism of the model!

BRAVO!!!!! :nicejob

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
That looks great! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob I have seen those wheels at my dealer, and up until now, I couldn't think of any model that I would put them on! :cheers

Is there a way to lower it a bit? :feedback

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I think so.
The rear is easy since it's just thru-axle, so all you need to do is to make the axle sits a little higher. The front may be more challenging. I think the most sensible way is by moving the whole spindle and steering linkage assembly higher (involving cutting and glueing). I can agree if you think the car sits a little too high and that there's gaping space between the tire and the body. Maybe next mod :)

By the way, this wheel-and-tire set comes with 4 nice looking calipers that I need to mount yet.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Nice job - you made a huge improvement!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.