DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
My latest arrival is this 1:18 GL-Class made by Minichamps. It's a dealer edition I locally bought for 46 € (USD 58)....

The car is quite tall and heavy for a 1:18, and from the exterior it looks good. Nice chrome trimming all around, clear and realistic lights, fully opening and a double sunroof...
That's the positive that can be said about this car...It looks great from the outside...
The inside is something completely different (in my humble opinion)...no carpet, cheap looking plastics and only some paint used to show where you can find the GPS system, non realistic wood-trimming on the dashboard and doors....and the worst : this car has by far the cheapest engine I've ever seen : just a plastic printed black plate, no wiring, little detail and a total absence of any paint to show a little detail....disappointing for a Minichamps or should I say 'just another "cheap" dealer edition ordered by Mercedes Benz' ?? (eg their latest S-class...)

Exterior :

Interior :

Engine :

Together with that great predecessor

I really hope for a 1:18 high - end release.... or is it just me : am I too spoilt or critical ???:cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
:eek:mg ... :dizzy

No, no...I don't think you're too spoil or too critical. If I was writing the review I would in the same deception mood then you are.

The exterior is beautiful but that's it! The interior is very dull and cheap and the engine....Dear God!!! :help

It's hard to believe it's a Minichamps :question

No need to ask if it has special goodies for a DE ....I think we all know the answer.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
mbc112 said:
....disappointing for a Minichamps or should I say 'just another "cheap" dealer edition ordered by Mercedes Benz' ?? (eg their latest S-class...)
Exactly that's the thing: Minichamps did nothing else than MB ordered. And as MB prefers full openings over a high detailed interior, that's all Minichamps could make within the given budget.

But with little effort (painting, carpeting) you can make this interior looking well - mine is in process. :giggle

G

·
Nice looks from the outisde but shocking engine. I really can't believe that at all, im glad your going to do something about the interior. please post updates as you go! :cheers

G

·
'Spose you could always do an AutoArt and glue the bonnet/doors shut.

I need to save my eyes from that engine! It's (a lot) worse than a Bburago that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.