DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Hot Wheels has a Mustang GT out on the market, does anyone have one they can shre some thoughts on?

Is paying the $60 difference for the AUTOart versiona no brainer?

OR

Is the Hot Wheels version worth every penny of $20+ :giggle

I don't have either one of these in my collection and I was thinking of adding one in the near future, leaning more towards the Hot Wheels :wink

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
The Hot Wheels is the old Beanstalk car.

I never thought too much of it...

·
Registered
402 Posts
The Hot Wheels car ISN"T the old Beanstalk car, as the Beanstalk version was the concept of the new Mustang, from the 2004 autoshow curcuit. The Hot Wheels is the actual production version. My co-worker has the red convertible in his office, and other than the wheels being a bit too large, and Hot Wheels forgetting to add the silver dashboard (in the real car, to get the red seats, you MUST order the Interior Upgrade Pkg, wihich gives you the silver dash) it is a decent model overall, especially for the money. I just got an email from MTR, and they are getting ready for a few more colors of cars, a silver coupe with red interior, silver convertible, and a yellow convertible with black.

To answer your quesiton about the two. I am a BIG Mustang fan (I have a 2006 GT on order :happy ), if you don't mind spending the money for the AUTOart, go for it, you won't be disappointed, trust me. I have the green Auto Show version, and the Silver one with stripes, and they are INCREDIBLE looking models. the detail is superb, and the paint is excellent. Whatever one you choose, please be sure to add some pics on the site. Hope this helps. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The Hot Wheels is completly different from the BS version. From what I have seen online don't waste your money on either vert. or coupe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

This is one car I have not seen much of in 1:1 form, even with the millions of them rolling around on the street :giggle

Question, is the front grill on the 1:1 mesh or plastic? I just don't want to pay $80 for the AUTOart version which has a plastic grille.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Darrick,

I have the BS concept version and the AUTOart 2005 production version. in my opinion the AUTOart is worth the extra expenditure.

:cheers

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
:iagree The wheels on the Hot Wheels's are WAY too big! :giggle The Autoart's the way to go if you want a '05 Mustang. I can't decide between the two Autoart's. Either the Tungsten or the future release, Torch Red :confused

·
Registered
852 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I think torch red will be a convertible, I don't see it listed officially on AUTOart site..
My first choise is black but I got e-mail from AUTOart that they are focusing on the GT500 now and more colors will be considers afterwards.

80$ is too much for that kind of model I think, like almost all new AUTOart's models where the quality is the same and the price is doubled

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I am still pretty sure that Hot Wheels bought the mould from BS :confused

I thought they just reworked the details to make it a production car.

Oh well, that is what happens when you get old :lol

Still, it doesn't look too impressive

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you want the model just to say you have it, might as well go with the Hot Wheels, but if you want quality and detail the AUTOart is well worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quality and detail mentioned in the same breath as AUTOart....

I have officially awakened from this nightmare I have been dreaming over the past few months :lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.