DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this lovely Porker on Sunday along with two other additions at Sam's club. Yep, the wholesale store tour continues... :giggle

It's another fine effort by the guys from Maisto. Here's some evidence: :cool

The Interior:

Definitely recommended! :310

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What color is that?

It does look really nice :nicejob

I was holding off on this model as I have not really fallen all over it, but that color has done it for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice models and some very good pics too Gian :cool

Maisto certainly look to have raised their game with recent releases, which is nice to see.

:cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
That Maisto 997 looks GREAT Gian! Congrats! :cheers

in my opinion, for the price, The Maisto is a better deal than the AUTOart then... Man, Maisto really has upped their game recently!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

Darrick - The color is plain black and be careful when you get one because of 7, this one had the least scratches. Luckily, MacGuire's scratch remover did wonders!

Jim and Gary - thanks! Isn't it great to see Maisto putting a lil more effort on their models? I think it's mahvelus!

Louis - Thank you. :cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Yep!!! It looks good!!! Congratulation!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice to see that maisto are heading in the right direction unlike some other budget models, a nice bunch of Porsche's, and plans for the Cayman-S from them Gian?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
That car looks great, especially the interior detail and the lack of dog legs! :cheers

Ever since I bought my first Maisto ( MB 300 SLR Targa Florio ) I have been very impressed with their quality for the price---and it only keeps improving! :nicejob It really makes me question that if they can produce this kind of detail and quality for a budget model ( just look at their Audi R8 for less than $20 ), then what is wrong with the "better" brands that raise prices without improving their product ( or in AUTOart's case, raise prices and seal their models )? :confused

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeff - Thanks
Dean - Long time no see, buddy! If it looks good and is priced right, the Cayman could joing the stable. I'll gladly take one like this:

View attachment 22750

Mosteller - I couldn't agree with you more. In cases like these, the only way for us to win is by not buying their faulty products. If Maisto keeps this up, I won't have to bother buying the more expensive AUTOart alternatives.

:cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Good score Gian! I picked one up at Sam's last week and I went back for a yellow Carrera today. :giggle Same level of detail and Maisto got the differences right. The only problem is that Maisto had never been great at doing yellow paint.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ric - Thank you. :cheers

Al - I don't blame you. :giggle Both the plain and the S are fine pieces for the money. I didn't have much luck with the yellow ones i found because of the black lines on the windows which were constantly crooked. A little detailing would do wonders, though.

Jacob - Get one! Do it. Do it! :giggle

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! Maisto really did an amazing job on these new Porsche's. I can't wait for my local Sam's Club to get these in. As of now, they only have the convertible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts