DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have to say this is the best Maisto in my collection. Great paint, no dog-leg hinges in the doors, very nice interior, great wheel-and-brake detail. Simply one of Maistos best efforts. :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

Here's the evidence: :cool

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pictures:

The interior:

Never thought I'd say this but I really like the Boxster! :happy

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Congrats Gian! :cheers I have had mine for a month and I just noticed some detail from your pics. :giggle
Eddie, there is no engine detail because it is mid-engine. There is a single stamp bottom like some other Maistos.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats Gianny :cheers

The 987 Boxster from Maisto is a cracking model .
I bought both Dealer versions and find them to be very good indeed.

Kyosho will need to pull something good out of the bag to beat the $ value that the Maisto gives you ............Nice pics too :cheers

·
Registered
253 Posts
That is a great looking model. Congrats on it and enjoy! :310

I just picked up the same model at Sam's Club for $9.88. I have to say, that this is one of the best Maisto cars I have ever purchased. It actually looks very nice with my other AutoArt Boxters. They even went as far as simulating the perferated leather seats (seats are hard but look accurate).

Pegasus Seiya, the interior is not carpeted. It is still the same old hard plastic.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Well Maisto seems to be getting better and better. I think that for a budget model...it's very very nice!!! :eek:k

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:iagree

From time to time, Maisto really puts something out that is a "steal" for the money. Their Audi TT is something in this category as well, in my opinion.

I will definitely be on the look out for this one... no doubt. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys for the kind words. :cheers

Eddie - As Al said, there's no engine detail on this car because the its engine is hidden so both both front and rear openings are for 'luggage' (HA!) and the spare wheel. This is the case in the 1:1.

Louis and Gary - Kyosho is definitely in big trouble! :giggle

Mark - Is the Maisto Boxster scaled right when you 'park' it next to the AUTOart Boxsters?

Luciano and Ric - You won't go wrong with this lil Porker. If you get a chance to choose one at a store, do look out for the brake calipers as I found a few that had some of the red paint on the rotors (bad spray).

:cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts