DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
It looks good! :cheers but are you sure it is the BS mold? I don't think they are. The reason I say that is that I built several of the BS kits and the hood hinges are different.

Here are the BS ones (thanks to Ric)

and you can see the Maisto ones in the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAISTO-2006-06-FORD-F1...1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, the Maisto does not have a sunroofs but the BS does. Just those two changes would require a tool change and it would be cheaper to start from scratch.

BTW, a forum sponsor has this one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-F...1QQcmdZViewItem

Lastly, while the Maisto interior looks nice, it is not as crisp as the BS.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I think MP's right!

It looks like the rear doors don't have windows in them???? :confused

G

·
I believe ebay is altering their links - I noticed recently that most of the posted links are not working.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know, but it screams Beanstalk. The rear light, the mold lines. It looks a lot like the BSG one. Not sure about the engine though? Maybe they wanted more detail than the mold offered so they altered it :confused The box looks big enough for it to be 1:18 though, I'm really tempted to buy one just to find out :giggle

G

·
Justin , you can be the official DX guinea pig on this one as me and Jeff couldnt pin the job on Al :lol

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Did you see the different engine hinges? and the fact that one has a sunroof and the other one did not?
Why would Maisto spend all that money to "fill" in the hole on the mold of the BS sunroof? :dizzy Specially when a sunroof is available on the 1:1?

I am sure it is not the BS mold.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you look at the gray bar that displays the name of the truck on Maisto's base, you can almost figure out if it's 1:18 scale.

The gray bar is exactly 7 inches on my Maisto Premiere bases and with the configuration of this truck, a supercab stylside, the wheelbase divided by 18 inches would be 8.02 inches. Therefore, the difference between the base's gray bar and the trucks wheelbase should be almost exactly 1 inch, which it appears to be from the pictures I've seen. Assuming the gray bar is infact the same for both this model and the other Premiere series vehicles.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You have no idea :giggle

I seen one of these a few weeks ago and it looks even better in person. I really want one 1:18, not 1:20 or 1:16, but 1:18 I even emailed Maisto for the heck of it just to see what they say about it.

What do you think about my "findings"? I have never owned one of Maisto's HD Ford's so I'm not familiar with their packaging but the gray bars' sizes should be the same, right? :confused

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.