DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Released at the IAA 2011 in Frankfurt, Germany
Limited 1/125. Not individually numbered.
Price : no comment

·
Super Moderator
4,489 Posts
I didn't want to be the first to say it........so I'll just say, I don't love it. They should have just painted it orange, and put black accents on it. The matt black band wangon is a little over filled.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Hey if you're a die hard Benz fan you just have to have it. I know I would be in the same position if they have exclusive M3 models..I guess I should be happy they don't. Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I do agree matte black is played out. I got it mainly because I'm an MB freak. I think orange with black accents is too similar to last year's SLS:

Overall I wish they did some other color scheme.

G

·
The title got me thinking it was the scale for a sec...

The matte paint looks really nice on that. Overplayed yes, but it's applied really well here. No comment on the price eh? You're getting me more curious now...

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Hey mbc112 when you said 1/125 i was expecting one of those tiny tiny models!!
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

WoW so many pics though, and what an intriguing colour combo.....i don't know if i would like the 1:1 but it sure makes a striking model !!

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
448 Posts
that is a really cool piece! i'm not sure if i'm sold on the looks but it definitely will be worth a good bit in the near future.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I'm glad you got it, and even though I'm not a fan of the colors I can really appreciate its rarity. This Exclusive piece is yet another deserving member to World's Best Mercedes collection. Enjoy it and I'll look forward to a group shot of all of your SLS

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm not saying about colors.Ofcourse for this serious and luxury car this scheme is bad IMHO.
This matt color shows gaps between bonnet and body,doors and body very well.Looks like solido or something.And only 125 pcs.Absurd...

·
Premium Member
12,987 Posts
Perfect for Halloween, which is coming up soon!

I do not love or hate it. I hate the price. I think a gloss black and orange would be much better. I definately see the attraction, though. If it were not for the price I would consider this one, and if it were not so limited I would also paint the wheels. I want an SLS and it is very unique and limited (if that is what you look for ina model).

Nice add, and I hope you still enjoy it for years to come

1 - 17 of 17 Posts