·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Made by Minichamps
Type : C197
Part number : B6 696 0079

Interior :

Engine :

Next to the Mystic White SLS Coupe (note the difference in color…)

With the SLS Sepang Brown Metallic :

And the other SLS cars….

Nicely done model, detailed interior, carbon inlay everywhere, carpet with printed AMG logo. Disappointing engine (as in the 1:1).
The white color of this release is more realistic than the Mystic white coupé released by the Mercedes Benz museum earlier this year.
Plastic roof, but would be much better if it had the interior color (see custom of Raidou).
Overall quite happy with it...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Great car, and awesome group shot. I wasn't a fan of this car until I got my Maisto. Now I feel the need to upgrade.

·
Administrator
33,630 Posts
I much prefer it to the coupe version (I'm not a fan of the gullwing doors on it, love the old 300SL though) it looks a nice model, apart from the hood, which looks too plastic.

G

·
It is a nice model, but I can not believe you are raving over the interior. This is one of the worst color separations I have seen - between the red and black. It is as fuzzy as possible. On the doors, on the dash and on the seats. Honestly I believe that Mattel did waaaaaaaay better job with its V8 Cali than Minichamps did with this model.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
MRM, we've been desensitized to good interiors over the last few years. As MB collectors in general, Minichamps has been conditioning us with their shoddy interiors since the launch of the last ML back in the end of 2005.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Nice collection, first time I've seen pics of the convertable. It's funny how the shape in picture 3 and 4 reminded me first of of the Mazda mx5 / miata, but fortunatrly the rest shows it off as the Merc it is

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MRM, we've been desensitized to good interiors over the last few years. As MB collectors in general, Minichamps has been conditioning us with their shoddy interiors since the launch of the last ML back in the end of 2005.
That's right, it's not that I'm happy with that interior, but we got used to it...and the interior of the SLS is not the worst, it is indeed that 2005 ML. That one beats them all...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Great pictures as always, can't wait to see the SLS IAA. My favorite color on the Roadster SLS is the Brown.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great pictures as always, can't wait to see the SLS IAA. My favorite color on the Roadster SLS is the Brown.
The brown looks great, but as mentioned in other post, perhaps a little too dark. But with the right lighting it should be fine.

G

·
that car as with a lot of coupe/convertibles loses something when you take the roof off...i miss the curves of the roof

1 - 17 of 17 Posts