DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
13,975 Posts
This is the Official start of the 2013 Model of the Year Contest

Here I will talk about the contest and the spirit in which this contest will be held. I will go over rules and regulations of the event. And I will explain the timeline of events to follow.

It seems the most popular threads talk about the upcoming models of the year. I say, let's look back at a great year of models and find out what are the favorites. I will start threads for nominations and voting over the next few weeks. The categories will be, but not limited to Exotics and Sports cars, Muscle cars and Hot Rods, Motorsports, and motorcycles. And to make this appealing to all collectors, each will have a budget and high-end category. I think this will give everyone a chance to sit back and look at their new models and think about the great and not so great models of the year have been.

Timeline. Starting tonight I will post several nomination threads. Nominations will go from now until the last day of the year. All threads will be closed on the 1st and voting will start shortly after. From the 1st to the 25 (my 5th year wedding anniversary) the ballots will be open. I will keep the results hidden until the end of the month when I will throw a sort of Awards Party for each winning model.

The rules:
  • Each model must match the category it is entered. It is not my responsibility or the mods to figure that out for you.
  • Every nomination will be accompanied by one (1) non-copyrighted image of the model. Pictures from manufacturers are OK, but not retailers/outside seller/outside sites. You your own pictures or another members if they are OK with that
  • Maximum picture size will be 1024 X 768
  • Each model must be released in the year 2013..........not December 30th 2012 or on its way to retailers on the 31st of December 2013. It must be released and available to the public within the 2013 year.
  • Only original releases allowed. This means no repaints, re-releases, upgraded, or any other modification. Spoilers and stripes do not make it a new model
  • There will be a budget and high-end nomination thread for each; this is for the retail price, not a special deal you got through a seller or manufacturer, don't try and sneak a CMC Maserati in the budget category
  • Each category must have at least five (5) nominations or I will start a voting thread.
  • Any nominations that does not follow the previously mentioned rules will not partake in the voting

The most important rule
  • Enjoy and please participate. This is what will make this event a lot of fun. And keep all discussion about the models, not tastes. We all have our favorites marques, but this is about the best model, not car.

If I missed anything, please comment below and I will see about making modifications to the rules.

Thank you all to a great 2013!!!!!!

· Premium Member
23,064 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to run this Jon!
You da man!
Come on guys, get nominating!!!

· Premium Member
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure if I will take all the winning models for a final Overall model,. If that did not answer your question, then if there is no scale listed then it is 1/18. There is a All Others which is anything that might not fit the categories listed.

· Premium Member
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Premium Member
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put dollar amounts. For 1/18s, I placed it at $70. That will keep Minichamps, HWE, AUTOart in the high end. And it keeps some Norevs and some others in budget.

· Premium Member
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just restarted this thread. It outlines the Model of the Year competition.

Please get involved, it is a lot of fun.

Also, I will need help figuring out if a model was released this year or not. Lambo and others I hope you can help keep things straight.

· Premium Member
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I put it at $90 or so. It is based on price. It allows models made by Norev or Autoworld or Maisto or Welly have a chance against CMC, Exoto, and AUTOart.

· Premium Member
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you think there is a worthy model, nominate it. It can't hurt.

· Administrator
35,254 Posts
Come on guys we need more nominations!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.