DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few years ago I bought one these...

Off of Ebay from a collector here in Canada; the 1964 Ferrari GTO Tour De France winning car by CMC. While I excitedly waited for that parcel to arrive in the hollowed post box I was Googling around for images of that car when I came across this..

An one off F12 Berlinetta done in tribute to the '64 GTO Le Mans winner and I though "that is cool". The real car as far I can tell hung around the dealer in Belgium, making appearances and promoting Ferrari's Tailor Made Department. It was eventually sold to one owner I know of before it went up for auction last year and was sold. If I had one the lottery you know I would put in a bid for a one off F12 Berlinetta.

So thinking it would be cool to own one in 1/18th scale and how cool it would look next to the 250 GTO is was paying tribute too, I looked around for one. Maybe made by MR or someone, but I didn't find one at which point I thought I would try to make it my self. But I had seen someone on here, maybe Jon, who had bought some models from a dedicated custom shop and I thought "I wonder how much that is". So I sent emails to a few but only heard back from Steph's Replicarzs. So I swallowed the shipping costs and went with him.

So I was lucky to buy a second hand Hotwheels Elite F12 from Ironism, so this..

Became this..

The model arrived in France just as the world went into Corona lock down in April 2020, so there was a delay, not that I minded. I got the finished model back in August of that year.

Here is it shown with the original rims as seen on the real car. Steph made a call to install the F12 TDF rims, I thought they looked better somehow.

Custom Blue seats, Metal floor mats, Door sill, License plate, and yellow stripe across the interior to match the real car. The real car had saddle leather seats first before they were swapped with the blue to match the 250 GTO.

One of the build images Steph sent me from his old shop.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello Colour..

These are beautiful models...
  • GTO : I somehow regretted I did not buy the TDF version, but it would have been my 4th CMC GTO.
  • F12, I somehow had 2 of my models repainted by Stephane at Lyons, France. Great job that really boosted interest of both models (else I probably would have sold them).
I am currently contemplating a 3rd conversion.
He did an equally beautiful paintwork on your Ferrari..

Your pair is a beautiful iconic pair..

Eric B.

·
Administrator
34,869 Posts
Absolutely stunning!! I do hope you will nominate a pic or two for next months POTM contest! The picture above the one with the open door is ace, so is the last one with them both together!! I like them all, but those stand out for me!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Very sweet, William - what a beautiful model!!
Definitely worth a stand-alone photo shooting!
I really love your setup with the circular tiles, the lighting and the dark background!! (y)👏:love:

BTW:
Currently I am awaiting a very special new model coming in from Steph.
Should arrive in a couple of weeks (hopefully) - looking very much forward to have it here…

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Colour..

These are beautiful models...
  • GTO : I somehow regretted I did not buy the TDF version, but it would have been my 4th CMC GTO.
  • F12, I somehow had 2 of my models repainted by Stephane at Lyons, France. Great job that really boosted interest of both models (else I probably would have sold them).
I am currently contemplating a 3rd conversion.
He did an equally beautiful paintwork on your Ferrari..

Your pair is a beautiful iconic pair..

Eric B.
THanks Eric,

I understand about getting one more version of a model, I have 5 F12's including this one and it sister that Steph, check out my thread for that one. As for the GTO, I never intended to get the TDF version; what I wanted was the Le Mans version and missed out on getting for a good price. But it worked out for me getting the TDF version, I already had the plain red CMC, I love silver Ferrari's, and the TDF ticked the box for a liveried version.

Steph is really great, I bought his blue F12 and the paint work on that was really good. His stuff is not perfect but overall it is really good; I would like to get another one from him but I don't have the money or any real desire for one right now. Maybe one day a F12 TDF in this livery to mimic a few of the 1:1s that exist. Thanks again for your comments.

Absolutely stunning!! I do hope you will nominate a pic or two for next months POTM contest! The picture above the one with the open door is ace, so is the last one with them both together!! I like them all, but those stand out for me!
Much thanks Mr. Craig, regarding the POTM contest; I haven't nominated anything for a long time as I sort of got jaded with the process of nominating one of my own only to watch it get hardly any votes, let alone win. That didn't happen all the time but I sort of took a page from Koen's book and just focus on the process of creating the photos and let someone else nominate if one really moved them. I am very thankful for Marios for nominating one of mine the last few months and I shockingly I won. But I will stuff one in for June, the pair shots first appeared in May I think so they are out but one of the others. I also have one more with this model shot with a new figurine and done, will post it here soon. Thank you for your kind comments Craig and the work you and the other mods do here.

Very sweet, William - what a beautiful model!!
Definitely worth a stand-alone photo shooting!
I really love your setup with the circular tiles, the lighting and the dark background!! (y)👏:love:

BTW:
Currently I am awaiting a very special new model coming in from Steph.
Should arrive in a couple of weeks (hopefully) - looking very much forward to have it here…
Thank Dirk, I have been looking forward to shooting this one since the day it first arrived back home. Though there was a few other mods I wanted to do to it, namely the floor mats and pinifarina decals which Steph forgot to add back on. I got both from him, though I messed up with the decals and I had to fix them in all of the photo hehe. I also messed up the silver stripes in the engine intakes, they look ok but I ended grabbing cut outs from a photo of the actual car hee hee.

As for shooting this car, I knew I wanted to shoot on white tile with a darken background. I flirted with adding to the background like with the group shots but in the end I decided the tile pattern was enough. I even paid for that pattern from Istock.

I am really looking forward to seeing what creation Steph has made for you Dirk.

Reactions: Craig
1 - 10 of 10 Posts