DiecastXchange Forum banner

2016 - 2024 BBR I Blue Moon News

87K views 512 replies 90 participants last post by  MRM 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please post all news here, thanks.

#2 ·
BBR will release the Ferrari F60 America sometime in May. Just enough time to save up!

#18 ·
I had an email from BBR, there's a 1/12 scale Ferrari 488 GTB in Red (Rosso Corsa 322) coming, LE of 250 pieces.

#25 ·
At the risk of fully exposing my OCD tendencies I would like to warn every unoformity loving BBR collector here that BBR have decided in their unanimous wisdom to change the dimensions of their mounting bases and corresponding display cases.
  • The red Project118 base is now a little bit smaller, the standard black base might be discontinued along with the traditional flip-top box, and is replaced by the same box that also houses models with display case. All bases seem to be of the red variety now (excluding dealer specials, like white color, brown etc.). The new display cases appear to not be ready for delivery yet, the old ones don't fit obviously.
  • The grey BBR18 made in Italy base has become much larger and because of that the old case doesn't fit any more. The new one isn't ready yet. The box has also changed accordingly, but they haven't become a single standard for versions with or without supplied display case, again 2 different boxes.
  • One would think both new bases would accommodate a single new display case, but that doesn't seem to apply, both are marginally different in size.

This makes me believe that BBR is run by monkeys that have no clue concerning optimization of stock costs and what collectors find annoying. Be warned also that new bases mean BBR has another excuse to make more limited editions of the same model again, as it's "completely" different. Lastly, the BBR concept line also has a fresh new base that doesn't allow for display case placement.

#28 ·
I had one of their (what seems to be daily) emails earlier, the Alfa Romeo Giulia is coming soon, the price isn't too bad either (it's one of their other ranges) That is not hot looking car!!